Server "disconnected" after a flight plan update

infomaniac

Hi guys,

I've restarted flying these days, and I've notice that strange behaviour : the aircraft synchronisation with the client map stop after an update of my flightplan.

This is how it happen :

I create a flightplan with PFPX, then load it into the client. So far, everything's good, and if I don't touch anything, the aircraft is followed very well during the whole flight (taxi out, DEP, ENR, ARR, taxi in)

But, if I update the flightplan at any stage of the flight, it's like the aircraft position get "freezed" on the client map.

The only I could recover of that is to stop the server, and restart it. Then, everything come back to normal.

I don't know if it's relevant, but I use the new FSUIPC 6, but still flying with P3D v4.5.13.32097 (hotfix 2). The client and the server works on the same PC.

Have you encountered such a problem ?

Hello ??? (please observer the forum rules and sign your post with your real first name. Thanks.)

I cannot really imagine what happens on your computer. Best would be to provide a set of support files, one for the Client, one for the Server. Maybe I can find a trace in these files. Thanks.

Hello,

Could you tell me where these files are located, so that I can upload them ?

Are you talking about the serverLogfile.txt and the clientlogtile.txt ? I have other files with the same name but with a number at the end. Do I have to upload all of these files as well ?

41 minutes ago, infomaniac said:

Hello,

Could you tell me where these files are located, so that I can upload them ?

Are you talking about the serverLogfile.txt and the clientlogtile.txt ? I have other files with the same name but with a number at the end. Do I have to upload all of these files as well ?

Please check Windows StartMenu under AivlaSoft: (also mentioned in the Manuals...)

StartMenu.png.5f925cf0112f3c113677cda23cbfc45b.png

This will create the support files on your desktop !! It's all there and documented in the Manuals !!

Hello

Since  last sunday I have installed the licensed versions of FSUIPC6 and EFB on my homecockpit system.

After some trials  I have made a local flight without FPL and everything was working fine. 

Then I tried a flight with FPL via Simbrief and EFB. As soon as I did activate the FPL in EFB  everything was frozen,

no moving AC-symbol no update of radio frequencies, no updating of AC-position and so on. 

After that I lookked into your forum and I saw  that e.g. also Mulgrave and Infomaniac have the same or similar problems.

It really seems that something with FSUIPC6 doesn't work. 

If I use the EFB without the FPL-function but with a FPL via Simbrief on P3D, at least all other functions of EFB work fine.

Thanks in advance for your support

René

Hi René,

what you describe might be an issue with forwarding the flight plan to the simulator via FSUIPC. I assume that you are talking about P3Dv4.5 ?

On the other hand this would also happen when using a flight plan from SimBrief. I guess that the source of a flight plan doesn't matter because either will be forwarded to the simulator as long as this option is activated in the current aircraft profile.

Hi John,

it seems that also on your system the issue happens as soon as the flight plan will be forwarded to the simulator.

Can you please try to open the Profile Editor, then select your profile (A320), select the tab "Options" and unselect the option "Forward flight plan to default GPS".

Please let me know if it still happens. Thanks.

Hello Urs

Thanks for your answer.

I have P3dv4.5 and I made already some trials before with deactivated forwarding of FPL to the simulator, but the same results. Even if I clear the FPL it doesn't help. Everything is frozen, no communication with the simulator.

Only when I restart server and client of EFB2, then  I can use all the wonderful functions of EFB2, expect the FPL-function.

Thanks a lot for your help

René

In the meantime we also did some tests with P3Dv4.5 (HF2 and HF3) and FSUIPC 6.0.3 but unfortunately we could not reproduce the misbehavior. All is running properly.

Some more items to check:

Could you please check whether you have the latest available version of FSUIPC 6.0.3 installed?

Are you running other add-ons which make use of FSUIPC? Maybe a test without other add-ons running just to see whether there is some side effect with them.

16 hours ago, aivlasoft said:

Hi John,

it seems that also on your system the issue happens as soon as the flight plan will be forwarded to the simulator.

Can you please try to open the Profile Editor, then select your profile (A320), select the tab "Options" and unselect the option "Forward flight plan to default GPS".

Please let me know if it still happens. Thanks.

Hi,

I've done the test, with the "Forward flight plan to default GPS" option unselected, and the problem was solved.

My version of FSUIPC is v 6.0.0.0, and the only other running add-on that make use of FSUIPC is ActiveSky for P3DV4 build 7361.

I'll do some test with the last version of FSUIPC and give you my result.