WIN 10 PROBLEM

vealeww

Got new computer, win10. Installed everything from Aivlasoft, but I get server db builder error and server does not install at all.  Have fsx-se on the new pc in their common files.  I have attached print screens.

This continues on, so I quit the process.  Thanks  wwveale@gmil.com

2019-09-15 (5).png

2019-09-15 (6).png

2019-09-15 (7).png

2019-09-15 (8).png

2019-09-15 (9).png

2019-09-15 (10).png

2019-09-15 (11).png

Moved to proper thread by Admin

Hi ??? (please observe our Forum Ruls and sign your post with your real name)

As this is obviously a brand new computer, it looks as if there are problems with proper access rights. In any case do not run the installers by doubleclicking,  but by right.clicking and using the tab "run as administrator". Use his on both installers. Later on you need need to tun EFB Server as Admin too. See here how to do that: https://forum.aivlasoft.com/topic/3621-how-to-run-efb-server-as-admin/

This is just one hint ot overcome your installations problems. Another might be that you deactivate your AntiVirus Software for the installations process. It is very dificult do do a proper diagnosis on a new system from a distance.

56 minutes ago, vealeww said:

I have stopped antivirus, firewall,etc. I also run as admin. I keep getting a error on what seeme like every file the install touches. ???   Wayne Veale

Hi Wayne,

Well, this is very strange. It's about the same warning(s) that appear if your try to install when EFB2 is already running... I have never seen that and I also have never heard about such behaviour on a new system.

Just to make sure I understood everything right: according to the first screenshots you seem to have installed the DbBuilder, but neither Server nor Client?

Have you tried re-downloading the installers?

I re-downloaded both, ran install server as admin,  ran db builder, ran client as admin. still having the issue. This PC is a Dell xps win 10 64.  Been using XPS PC's for years and no problems.  Nothing unique about the PC.  I can do process all again and screen shot every error.   Wayne Veale

Hi Wayne,

I'm sorry to hear this. To make sure our installers are working as designed I did the following on one of my Test Systems:

- downloaded the original installers from our website (Build #112)

- uninstalled both EFB2 Server and Client using regular uninstaller

- checked for remaining files, no files found

- rebooted computer

- installed Server and Client as per instructions

- rebuilt 2 databases, 1 for P3DV4 and 1 for X-Plane11

- started EFB2, P3Dv4 and ActiveSky

Everything worked as normal. The whole process including database building and starting the Simlator took less than 20 min.

I'm simply not able to understand what happens on your system. In any case the installes are working as designed and no flaw in the whole installing process could be detected.