SimpleCam does not start automatically

Hello, I checked the box 'start simplecam when FSX is loading'.

But I have to start simplecam manually each time.

I have had simplecam 2 weeks and this has always been true for me so far.

My exe.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
    <Descr>Launch</Descr>
    <Filename>EXE.xml</Filename>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Launch.ManualLoad>True</Launch.ManualLoad>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Disabled>True</Disabled>
        <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
        <Name>Addon Application</Name>
        <Path>C:\MyPath\Addon.exe</Path>
        <CommandLine></CommandLine>
        <NewConsole>True</NewConsole>
    </Launch.Addon>

Hi ??? (please observe the forum rules)

If this is the exe.xml in 'C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX' then SimpleCam will obviously not be started.

1) See the node named <Disabled> which is set to 'True'.

2) the node <Path> does not contain a meaningful content.

yes you were correct, the exe.xml I posted above was not the real one in the correct path.

the real one is the correct path which you listed is:

<Descr>Launch</Descr>
    <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
    <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>AivlaSoft SimpleCam</Name>
        <Disabled>false</Disabled>
        <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\AivlaSoft\SimpleCam\AivlaSoft.SimpleCam.exe</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

Simplecam works, but requires that I click the simple cam eye icon to start simplecam manually before or after booting up FSX. FSX will not boot up simplecam automatically.

It's not a big deal really if there is no simple solution as to why this is happening.

Certainly the contents of exe.xml file proves that the simplecam configurator did indeed change exe.xml properly.

Albert

12 hours ago, Fielder said:

yes you were correct, the exe.xml I posted above was not the real one in the correct path.

the real one is the correct path which you listed is:

<Descr>Launch</Descr>
    <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>AivlaSoft SimpleCam</Name>
        <Disabled>false</Disabled>
        <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\AivlaSoft\SimpleCam\AivlaSoft.SimpleCam.exe</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

Simplecam works, but requires that I click the simple cam eye icon to start simplecam manually before or after booting up FSX. FSX will not boot up simplecam automatically.

It's not a big deal really if there is no simple solution as to why this is happening.

Certainly the contents of exe.xml file proves that the simplecam configurator did indeed change exe.xml properly.

Albert

Hi Albert,

I can't say for sure but IMHO the lines at the beginning

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

should not be contained in the exe.xml. This is a wrong launch call-up from the dll.xml. Nevertheless I have no idea how this entry has made it into the exe.xml. Unfortunately I cannot compare my installation to FSX, as I don't have it anymore for several years but I'm sure that FSX does not handle these *.xml data differently than P3D.

As a first remedy I would suggest to first make a safety copy of your exe.xml and then replace the entry "dll.xml" by "exe.xml". This change can be accomplished by any text editor. Make sure that no additional characters are entered and none of the esisting are deleted. If this doesn't work, simply delete the modified exe.xml and replace it by the (saved) original.

Thanks to all for the help. I never did get simplecam to boot up with FSX. So it means I have to click the mouse one more time (to boot simplecam) either before or right after booting FSX. No big deal really. Simplecam is the most useful addon of the many I have for FSX.

1 hour ago, Fielder said:

Thanks to all for the help. I never did get simplecam to boot up with FSX. So it means I have to click the mouse one more time (to boot simplecam) either before or right after booting FSX. No big deal really. Simplecam is the most useful addon of the many I have for FSX.

Thanks Albert, for the nice compliment! Nevertheless it seems a bit strange to me that the automatic start does not work with your FSX installation. Mine has worked flawlessly with FSX and it still does with P3DV4. Actually there is no reason why it shouldn't do so as the exe.xml is something that is handled by FSX itself. As long as everything is correct within the exe.xml SimpleCam should start right before the FSX-GUI is loaded. Just mae sure that the call-up for the exe.xml is correct (exe.xml ISO dll.xml) as in your last listing it is wrong and will of course not work that way.

Let's hope that one way or another it will eventually launch automatically...😀

• 1 year later...