EFB v2 discount?

DaveRUK

Hi, I'm considering moving from v1 to v2 and checking the offer for discount it references a 31 char serial number. I just checked mine and it's 32.
Does this mean as an existing customer I don't qualify for the discount?

Thanks in advance

Dave

2 hours ago, DaveRUK said:

Hi, I'm considering moving from v1 to v2 and checking the offer for discount it references a 31 char serial number. I just checked mine and it's 32.
Does this mean as an existing customer I don't qualify for the discount?

Thanks in advance

Dave

Hi Dave,

If your serial number has exactly the format mentioned in the FAQ (xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-n), then it has exactly 31 characters. It should not be too complicated to check whether the serial number consists of five groups of five characters, separated by a hyphen and then at the end one single character, also separated by a hyphen.

This results in

5 x 5 = 25

5 x 1 = 5

+ 1

Totalling 25 + 5 + 1 = 31. I doubt that you serial number is different 😄 If so, something went wrong at the initial issue and it would not work in EFB V1. If you copy/paste the key, make sure that no unwanted or hidden character will be pasted into the text box, most likely at the beginning or at the end of your copy/paste character set.

Hi Oskar

thanks for the reply.

I just rechecked the serial number shown within EFB v1 "about" and the format is :
8 alphanumeric|4 numeric|4 alphanumeric|4 alphanumeric|12 alphanumeric, totalling 32 chars.

Puzzled!

Dave

Hi Dave,

The license key is what you have received by email once you did the purchase. What you refer to is the serial number which is just to identify your purchase in the customer database.

If you don't have your license key anymore, please let me know your old email address and the serial number. You may send this information to support@aivlasoft.com. I will then send your license key back to you.

15 hours ago, aivlasoft said:

Hi Dave,

The license key is what you have received by email once you did the purchase. What you refer to is the serial number which is just to identify your purchase in the customer database.

If you don't have your license key anymore, please let me know your old email address and the serial number. You may send this information to support@aivlasoft.com. I will then send your license key back to you.

Hi Urs,

thanks for the help. I've emailed the suggested address with my purchase email details and some other info from my Cleverbridge invoice, that I hope will help in tracking down the details. I'm usually quite careful in keeping copies of purchase emails but it looks like this one was overlooked somehow...

regards

Dave