Sending Flightplan to off-line ATC

Just realized I posted in wrong location. Trying to delete!!!!!  Sorry!!!!

MOVED TO PROPER THREAD BY ADMIN

I usually don't fly on-line and since upgrading to v2, once I create a flight plan, I can't figure out how to send it to ATC. In v1 once you "activated" your plan, ATC instantly had it and were able to give you your clearance. Is this no longer an option? Am I missing something?

Ben

FSX

EFB v2

I'm sorry,  I was talking about FSX's ATC. I figured it out and was able to get it to work. However once I put the flight plan in, I can't change anything and refile it. ATC doesn't recognize any changes. I have to completely shut down my sim and efb.

Maybe we talk about the same issue:

I see since one of the last updates (maybe official 2.1) that EFB doesn't send its Flightplan to FS any more.

You could check this, when you open the in-Sim Flightplanner and there is no FP loaded.

I mean that it is automatically sent to the FS "GPS" once a FP is activated

That was possible in earlier versions. And this is what the threadstarter is probably referring to. What was possible with manual "activate" in EFB1 is now automatically in EFB2. However it doesn't work since 2.1 (I think)

This feature is in a way essential as Active Sky grabs this activated FP automatically to get more precise weather injections and weather reports. And on AS do rely many other addons, like PMDG etc. with its wind forecast. 

Even the "resend GPS route" does not work (or is it meant to do sth else?)

11 hours ago, Guenseli said:

Maybe we talk about the same issue:

I see since one of the last updates (maybe official 2.1) that EFB doesn't send its Flightplan to FS any more.

You could check this, when you open the in-Sim Flightplanner and there is no FP loaded.

I mean that it is automatically sent to the FS "GPS" once a FP is activated

That was possible in earlier versions. And this is what the threadstarter is probably referring to. What was possible with manual "activate" in EFB1 is now automatically in EFB2. However it doesn't work since 2.1 (I think)

This feature is in a way essential as Active Sky grabs this activated FP automatically to get more precise weather injections and weather reports. And on AS do rely many other addons, like PMDG etc. with its wind forecast. 

Even the "resend GPS route" does not work (or is it meant to do sth else?)

Difficult to say what the real culprit is. I just made a short flight planning LSZH-EDDS by PFPX, transferred into EFBv2 by uplink and saw the following: (admittently using P3D V4 and not FSX, however basic handling of flight plans is identical):

EFBv2 FlightPlan:

FPL_03.png.fcdb06165c432a40bde3468331d79851.png

P3DV4 FlightpPlanner:

FPL_02.thumb.png.dfc7be606512e771a6574e94512993bd.png

ActiveSky:

FPL_01.thumb.png.4c3912acd508e190ab6a87010ba929ed.png

So all in all every flightplan showed up where it was expected to be. For ActiveSky however a "resend GPS Route" may become necessary if ActiveSky is started AFTER Flight Planning was completed. The above result was achieved by doing the Flight Setup in the following order:

- ActiveSky started

- PFPX started for Initial planning

- during Planing EFB v2 was started (Server, Client)

- after completing PFPX planning, FlightPlan was transferred to EFB v2 by uplink

- SID and STAR added to EFB v2 FlightPlan

- P3Dv4 started

This was done on my Office Setup with PFPX, EFBv2, P3DV4 and ActiveSky all on the same machine. I haven't tested yet on different layouts, especially with a networked configuration. We would be interested to see detailed Planning Procdures (as described above) on other machines. Maybe we can find a setup where specific items are gone missing.

The fact that ActiveSky does not find the proper FlightPlan and that ATC does not find it either could be a common issue. However we need some more infornation about your Computer setups and the way a Flight Planning is done. The current FlightPlan is always written to the standard FlightPlan directory of either FSX or P3D and is named "EFB_current_gps.pln".

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2019 at 5:04 PM, lonewulf47 said:

The fact that ActiveSky does not find the proper FlightPlan and that ATC does not find it either could be a common issue. However we need some more infornation about your Computer setups and the way a Flight Planning is done. The current FlightPlan is always written to the standard FlightPlan directory of either FSX or P3D and is named "EFB_current_gps.pln".

Hello Oski,

sorry for the late reply and thanks for your answer.

I checked and there is no EFB_current_gps.pln created, despite what I do.

I know that was the case formerly, but doesn't happen now.

That is of course the reason that I do not have the plan in AS or the sim itselfs GPS... but why isn't it created any more?

What infos do you need?

WIn10 64bit PRO

P3D v4.5 HF1