Server Location for P3D pc

Jason

Hi,

Can you tell me how I go about setting another server location so I can use EFBv2 for P3D? Again it will be networked? I wasn't to sure if I need to remopve the current location for my FSX pc and add the server location for my P3D? and vice-versa?

Thanks

Jason

Jason,

The Server needs to be on the same Computer as the Simulator. You can of course have more than one Simulator on this computer without the need to install another Server. The server is designed to handle all Simulators as long as they are on the same computer. You will then have to create a separate Database for each Simulator. Of course networking the Client is always possible and does not need any special setup. Networking is only done between the Server and the Client. This is independent of the Simulator in use.

I've got Avivlasoft on my P3D computer but can't get the Client to work on it, which I presume I'd need to set up another location exactly the same as my FSX computer? Or will I have to install have 2 client software on the same computer, but one with the location for FSX and then another for location of P3D.

Thanks 

Jason

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

I've got Avivlasoft on my P3D computer but can't get the Client to work on it, which I presume I'd need to set up another location exactly the same as my FSX computer? Or will I have to install have 2 client software on the same computer, but one with the location for FSX and then another for location of P3D.

Thanks 

Jason

Jason, you need ONE Server and ONE Client also to to work with multiple Simulators. As already mentioned in my eralier response, the SERVER must be on the Computer with the Simualtor(s) whereas the CLIENT can be at any (networked) Computer, of course also on the same Computer if you are running everything on the same machine.

There's not much more I can say. Everythine else is written in the Manuals.

Oskar,

I might not have typed my reply correctly.

I've got both Servers on each computer . but with the client when I load that up for the P3D computer then it won't connect and says it can't find my FSX pc but I want to use it for the P3d computer aswell.

I hope I'm not confusing you?

Thanks

Jason

16 minutes ago, Jason said:

Oskar,

I might not have typed my reply correctly.

I've got both Servers on each computer . but with the client when I load that up for the P3D computer then it won't connect and says it can't find my FSX pc but I want to use it for the P3d computer aswell.

I hope I'm not confusing you?

Thanks

Jason

Ok, that's something completely different then. A CLIENT can only connect to ONE SERVER  at a time. If you have two Computers with a Server each then these two Computers have of course different IP addresses. To make the CLIENT working with both systems is only possible if you change the Server's IP address on the CLIENT to the one you want to connect.

An alternative could possibly be that you make a second CLIENT Installation with different installation- AND documents path. I must admit however that I have never tried that as this is a completely non-standard use of EFB and not warranted by AivlaSoft. Therefore I'm not sure at all whether the installer allows this.

12 hours ago, Jason said:

I've got both Servers on each computer . but with the client when I load that up for the P3D computer then it won't connect and says it can't find my FSX pc but I want to use it for the P3d computer aswell

Please make sure that your installation is according to the license agreement (3. Scope of granted user rights) 

It is not allowed to install the same license key on different PCs at the same time!