Metar from Active Sky

Petermuc3

27 minutes ago, Petermuc3 said:

Metar is not drawing the correct report.

E.g. LSZR A/S Metar shows 1021, 231@4kts, EFB client 1023, vrb@3kts.

The client is networked, settings/global is set to ActivSky.

Peter

No discrepancy here. This is from my networked drive and absoluely equal to AS Metar:

LSZR_METAR.thumb.png.ec642fc82df3074101d961790e9651fb.png

Are you sure all connections are properly built up? Where is AS installed? Have you tried refreshing the weathe on the Serrings Menu?

Thanks Oskar,

yes sim was running, I have a LAN connection and a wireless connection between the 2 PCs. It seams the

client is always picking the wireless one; did also a refresh of the weather. So I am a bit lost.

Peter

I tried to connect Server and Client via the LAN connection, but that does not work anymore,

it requires a connection with internet access. EFB 1 worked fine that way.

Thanks Jonas,

I do have the paid version. If a disable my wireless adapter on the client, thus having no internet access, and have

the LAN connection to the server PC only, the client does not connect to the server. No problems when I have my

wireless adapter enabled. Yes I set my AS folder correctly I think C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Roaming\AS_P3Dv4\Weather\current_wx_snapshot.

Peter

Weather is working now, don't know what was wrong. But still no connection with LAN only.

1 hour ago, Petermuc3 said:

On the wireless adapter I have DHCP whereas on the LAN adapter there is a fixed ip-adress.

This was always the case also with EFBv1 where I could connect via LAN.

Peter

Yes, I do exactly the same here, even one via the LAN and one via WLAN. Both connecting to the same Server's PC without problems using the same IP address of course.

When you connect the remote Client, do you use the IP address or the Computer-Name?

IP_Connect.png.9e95d20766860cef63d73d2bffed8ef4.png

You should in any case use the IP address rather than the PC name, as since Win10 Build #1803 problems may sometimes arise when using the PC name. IP address is the better way.