EGLL Runway 09L/R SID Problem

Hi Guys

I've got a bit of a problem with EGLL SID's for 09R/L runways

My flight today took me from 09L at EGLL on a south departure to MIDhurst. Both the Midhurst SID's for both 09R and 09L are drawn on the chart as coming from runway 27. I've tried a couple of the other runway 09 SID's, they all seem to come from Runway 27.

Having compared the UK AIP charts with how the chart is drawn in EFB it would appear the first waypoint is the culprit. D1.5 LON(Rwy 09L) and D2 LON (Rwy 09R) should both be on the 127 Deg Radial from LON. On the EFB chart they are drawn as being on the 360 deg Radial..

Is this a little software glitch or has the AIRAC data not got any radial info for these waypoints and your software is thinking it's on the zero Deg Radial from LON ????

Cheers

Steve

I am having the same problem with the SID in LSZH. Last Thursday I was online on VATSIM and got a runway 32 departure with the DEGES 2N SID to VEBIT. The SID was showing departing from runway 14.

Today I flew to LTAI with wind forecast 110 Degrees 5 Knots an I've got a recommendation for a runway 32 R arrival.

Greatings

Felix

Felix,

That LSZH SID in AIRAC 1101 has the same new and unexpected type of element at EGLL. I'm not sure if they've communicated their reasons for such changes in format. One might believe that advance notice on their part to developers would be seen as thoughtful.

As for LTAI - I'm using stock scenery - runway 36R has the only ILS at the field. When dealing with FSX ATC, it usually takes considerably more than 5 kts of wind to force it to consider a different active runway. That's why EFB notes that certain runways are only "favored." EFB doesn't know which ATC authority is providing guidance.

Regards,

To answer your questions above..

I'm using version 1.2.1 and the latest AIRAC 1101..

Just to clear this up... Is it a software problem where your current software can't correctly write the latest AIRAC data ?? If so, is there a plan to correct this. I ask because I only fly the heavies so I use SID's and STAR's all the time. I like to use current data so I know my routes are accurate. Your EFB is just what I'm looking for as it integrates everything into the one screen...

I'm just trying to clarify if you guys will have a work around for this ??

Cheers

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

A little update on the problems with last months AIRAC data..

I just downloaded the latest AIRAC data 1102. Everything is working fine now on the 09 southerly departures from EGLL..

Thanks for sorting it out with those guys over at Navigraph

Cheers

Steve