route input

I love the software, this type of software just completes the experience.

Question I have coming from a Newbie is . When flying online a (FAA preferred flight route) is required for setting up the route/ flightplan. Is there a way to set EFB to find and enter the flight route preferred rather then being told to make the changes after by Clearance.

Thank you

Garry

Hello Garry. Thank you for your kind words and welcome to our group!

I do not fly online so I can only ask a few general questions here:

What online group do you fly with? Do they have a central source of "preferred routes" that could be queried?

Our EFB does accept routes generated by "VATroute" for VATSIM users. If it is not sufficient - or if there are alternatives - please share your experience and/or suggestions.

Regards,

Thank you for the reply

bostonvirtualatc.com Boston virtual airline

I understand this is a small site compared to Avsim

When I try the VATroute for example KLAX i find there is maybe only a total 6 flights for all the airports in the United States. I am sure I am doing something wrong. The reason I started this thread is when you goto like FlightAware.com for recent IFR flights it comes up exactly like what the controller wanted me to fly last night . but I found that I could not enter all the waypoints, (BOSOX V419 WITNY BDL) Boston to Bradley IFR.

If I try KBOS to KLAX in VATroute I get nothing?

Thanx

Garry

Zinny

when you enter the waypoints, follow as below

Route setup

Select

Paste the route below, including the Departure airport and arrival airport

KBOS BOSOX V419 WITNY BDL KBDL

Press Ok

Enter a cruise Altitude

th_efb1.jpg

preview

Activate

Hey presto you have a route

Dave,

Thanks for the pointer! I was heading off into an unnecessary area. (And not for the first time . ;))

Garry,

If you would like to see the limits of the route definition string, please read the EFB Operations Manual, Section 5 - pages 8-11. That details the EFB route string elements and offers samples (such as a KBOS - KLAX route by coincidence --- KBOS WYLYY7.BOSOX ALB J82 JHW J554 GIJ J146 JOT J18 ALBRT J64 TBC J128 PGS CIVET5.25L.PGS KLAX.)

Regards,

From the EFB operations manual :

"You also can create a route by entering (or copy/pasting) the ATS route description. The route description must be the format as follows where elements in curly brackets are optional :

FROM{ETD} {SPDALT} {SID{.TRNS}} {Enroute} {STAR{.TRNS}} TO{ETA} {ALTN}"

Yes, the ATS route description is one of the most powerful features of EFB !! AFAIK it's unique !!

Congratulations to the devs !

:P:P