Unable to Load an aircraft

wanting to trial the DEMO version and everything has loaded up as per the installation guide.

But, when running the display unit I am unable to get any aircraft to appear in the drop down list. Adding "new" doesn't help either. So am unable to proceed with setup completion. Hve tried the two suggestions from earlier posts but nothing helps.

Running Windows 7 - 64Bit with Net Framework version 4

suggestions?

Mike

Hi Mike,

Sorry for the kerfluffle. I'll write the steps I take...

• *Go to the Route Setup screen.
    *To the right of the aircraft dropdown list, click "Edit."
    *When the Aircraft Administration dialog appears, click the "New" button at the bottom left corner.
    *The Manufacturer and Type fields on the right side of the dialog should now be editable. Enter your data there, click Save.

Your aircraft should now be in the "Available aircraft" list, and you can click "Close" and return to the Route Setup screen.

Hope this helps, please let us know if it doesn't.

Regards,

I have exactly the same problem as Mike above. I was presuming that EFB would read the aircraft available from the FSX sim objects aircraft folder. I am not sure what you mean by the Route Setup screen - I have been through all the tabs but can't identify it as such. I can't find the Edit aircraft option. Would welcome further guidance as I do like the idea of the program and would like to see it running before a purchase!

Regards

John

I have just sorted my own problem - after a few attempts. It seems difficult to get out of settings mode in initial setup of display unit. It wasn't allowing me to create a new aircraft - then all of a sudden it did. It then launched and I could access the menu bar and route setup. Seems that there may be an issue at initial setup for some users.

Regards

John

Hi,

It's by design that when running EFB for the first time one must create a new aircraft from within the settings dialog. On the most right tab called "Miscellaneous", just beside the drop down menu "Current aircraft", there is a button called "Create new ...". Please see the "Installation and Configuration" manual, section 3, "Configuration", on page 24.

Once an aircraft is created it can be selected as the "current aircraft" either from the settings dialog OR from the "Route Setup" dialog (there is also a button on the right side of the drop down menu, called "Edit ...".

Hope this helps.