P3d scenery.cfg location error

Hi guys, i have just added P3D to EFB, however i think the path to the P3D scenery.cfg file is incorrect as the Data Provider can not locate it, can someone please tell me how i can get back to change the path within the Data Provider Settings, all that is there in the simulator section now is the options for FSX and P3D, and below that the paths for each of their respective flight plan folders, no other file path options appear??.

Hi,

as per the forum rules, please sign your posts with your real first name. Thanks.

If you would like to change the folder name where the scenery.cfg is located, just select the corresponding flight simulator from the radio buttons at the top of the dialog, then enter (copy/paste) the path into the third box, called "Scenery.cfg folder".

Hi Jerry, having just obtained P3D, i went to the data provider settings and clicked on the choose sim button, then the dialogue box for the scenery.cfg path appeared, i chose what i thought was the correct path, obviously it is not as the DP can not locate the file, now this dialogue box is no longer there, its vanished, so i can not alter the path, i can only assume that you only have one shot at getting the path correct??, its very fustrating. Just a thought, what would clicking the set Default Button do??.

Richard

Hi Urs, I have already included a screenshot in my previous posts of the DP options under simulators, and as you can see the installation folder and scenery cfg folder options are no longer there, which is a complete mystery as they were there originally otherwise i would not of been able to use FSX prior to P3D.

This is very annoying to sat the least.

Richard

Richard,

I fear that it is like Jerry already mentioned. It looks like the DataProvider is not up to date. Only older versions of the DataProvider do not have these text boxes. Can you verify that the DataProvider version is the latest available? When updating EFB, you must always update both components, the DataProvider and the DisplayUnit to the same version.

Hello Urs. whilst i fully appreciate your comments what i do not understand is this, these path boxes were their, otherwise i could of not configured the P3D path originally when i configured the scenery path, when i decided to add P3D to EFB i clicked on P3D button, the relevant path boxes for P3D were then shown and the paths were configured, now the DP tells me the scenery path is incorrect, so how do I get to change the PATH ????......

Richard

Thanks Urs. tell you what,  since i installed EFB i have had so many runway runway issues, wrong indent number etc and the the process to correct these is so long winded and very often does not succeed in the right result, and with this latest issue, where your advising a complete uninstall and reinstall to correct another issue in my my opinion sucks!!!!. You have the basis of a very good program, albeit the transitions can be way off, its just a shame that their are so many general issues listed here on the forum, of course i accept that you can never release a perfect piece of software, there will always be issues that you had had experienced whilst in Beta mode, so i am sticking with Flightsim Commander, i have NEVER HAD AN PROBLEM with it.

Richard

• 9 months later...
On 13/04/2017 at 2:58 PM, Sascha1075 said:

Hello all,

i have the same problem. I have install P3D V3.4 and my data provider can't found the Scenery.cfg.

My Foulder is C:/Programm(x86)/LoockheadMartin/P3DV3/Scenery

What can i do?

Sascha

Hi Sasha,

I had the same problem with an earlier version of EFB. If you update to the latest 1.6.8 I think it does find the scenery.cfg for P3D.

Hi Ray and Urs,

sorry for my late answer.

Yesterday i have setup my System completly new and i have found the scenery folder.

The Problem was, i can't pick up the folder from a drop down menue by Windows 10.

I must write manualy the folder in EFB.

Then was ok and the system is going.

Thank's 

Urs and Ray