Runway Assignment Problem at EGCC

Hi,

I have the following problem:

Selecting EGCC at the first time, the Data Provider reported runway assignment problems at EGCC for RWYs 05L, 05R, 23L and 23R. It stated that only RWY 06/24 would be available at the FSX.

I followed the instructions to edit the runway.txt file and entered the following data:

EGCC 06R 05R

EGCC 06L 05L

EGCC 24R 23R

EGCC 24L 23L

then emptied the cache and restarted. Now I only have 05R and 23L, the other runway is not available and the ground chart shows no taxiways or parking postions.

I use FSX, Win7 64 Bit, ORBX England, Ireland and the free version of UK2000 EGCC.

What do I do wrong?

Thanks and Cheers

Gunter

Hi Gunter

Actually the problem relies on FSX's runways database be out of date (2005-2006). The EFB only shows the runways present in the FSX database, although it cans edit runways.txt (X:\Users\User Name\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB\UserData\runways.txt)in order to make some updates, like runway numbers ( please, look at Section 2 - Data Provider into EFB Operations Manual ).

What you did and stated at your initial post is correct but one of the runways is not present into FSX's DataBase.

So...the question is : Is there some way to update FSX's runways database ?

May be Urs can help us ! Or someone else......

Warmly,

Marco Aurélio

Hi Gunter and Guys,

The scenery UK2000 looks normal into FSX....I mean, Runways 26L/08R and 26R/08L are present into FSX.

The problem is : When I try to use EFB, only Runway 26L/08R is showed.

Seems that UK2000 didn't update FSX runways DataBase.

Look this pictures :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B25D4P ... sp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B25D4P ... sp=sharing

How can I do to sort it out ?

I've posted this post at UK2000 Forum EGKK V.3 Extreme.

Warmly,

Marco Aurelio

I have the full version of EGCC XTreme by Gary Summons and there are no problems with runways 05L/23R and 05R/23L.

I can't imagine why there would be a problem with the freeware version and not the paid one. You should ask the question on the UK2000 free airport forum here. http://www.uk2000scenery.org/forum/index.php?board=80.0

I can't see any other posts about problems with EGCC.

@all,

I don't own the UK2000 scenery for EGCC so I don't know what might be the problem with that scenery. If one can send me the file "EGKK_AFX_UK2xGEN.BGL" (which is indicated on one of the screenshots) I can have a look at it.

Hello Urs,

I'm travelling now.. please wait some days and I'll send to you the file you mentioned.

Thanks once more,

Warmly,

Marco Aurélio

thanks for the file. I have had a look at it and I don't see any problems with it. It's like Ray already mentioned.

The interesting thing is that I didn't have any entries for EGCC in the runways.txt file. It works without, at least on my computer.

So I guess that something with your "runways.txt" file is not OK.