Flight Information Panel position

In the last few weeks the Flight Information Panel always positions itself at top left instead of the space lower down 'reserved' for it. Despite moving it to my preferred position it will always position itself top left when EFB is next opened.

How can I get it to stay where I want it? I run the display on a networked PC just in case that makes a difference.

I do use AlacrityPC to close EFB so I suppose that might be the reason although it's been fine using that method for a long time.

I'll switch to manual closing and also check folder permissions although I'm pretty sure those haven't changed.

Thanks.

Ray,

can you try the following:

- move the DisplayUnit to your second monitor

- resize it to the maximum using the mouse (do not use the maximize button and do not double click on the titlebar)

- then open the FIP and move it to the position you want to have it again next time

- if all looks good, exit DisplayUnit using the buttons "System > SwitchOff"

(now the position of the FIP should have been saved)

- start DisplayUnit (it should open at your second monitor)

- now try to maximize it and open the FIP

Is it at the position you want to have it?

Hi Urs,

Followed your instructions to the letter. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. It really is a most frustrating (little) problem. There just isn't any consistency when it's closed and then reopened. I close it using the System-Switch Off option and start it again. Sometimes the FIP remains where I placed it and other times it's at top left.

I'm running Windows 7 on this PC. I need to choose 'Use visual styles on windows and buttons' to show the yellow border around selected chart options but this makes the FIP window larger than if that option isn't selected. Is that a factor and is there any other way to keep the yellow boxes without the enlarged window?

I don't want to take up your time on such a small problem. I can live with it as once set it stays for the duration of my flight.