Data provider drops out

Periodically the Data Provider crashes causing the Display Unit to follow suit i.e. disconnect.

Upon reloading the Data Provider the Display Unit reconnects without hesitation.

The Data Provider is on the FSX machine and the Display Unit on a networked Laptop.

Also, on occasions the Display Unit will disconnect for no apparent reason and need to be restarted.

Is this a common occurrence for others or just a nuisance for me?

Thanks

Andy

Andy,

Well it's not common, but I have had a remote DU disconnect from time to time. I can't say I've had the DP just crash unless it was loading data from a bad scenery file.

Please take your DP logs from your FSX machine and your remote DU logs, and email them to support@aivlasoft.com and Urs will have a look. If he hasn't loaded up his sleigh for his annual trip.

I often lose connection between the dataprovider and the disply unit on a networked configuration. The dataprovider GUI states the connection has been terminated caused by TimeoutSND. This occurence aligns with the undating of weather in ActiveSky Next. ASN uses simconnect and I think it overloads simconnect and just blocks EFB when it is updating. The strange thing is that this doesn't always happen when ASN is updating.

Andrew Dixon

Wireless connections aren't as reliable as you might think, something as simple as your central heating boiler turning on or your refrigerator turning on can cause temporary drop outs of the connection. My central heating does this quite regularly, the connection is usually back up again within a few seconds. But yes Simconnect can very easily become saturated when many addons are using it at the same time and it will stop responding in a timely manner causing these problems too.

Hi Andy,

In my particular case the network is a wired one not wireless. It seems to be too much of a coincidence the disconnections between the dataprovider and displayuinit occurs whilst ASN is updating weather. Obviously this is the reason behind the change from simconnect to FSUIPC for future versions.

Andrew

I use the NGX with ASN and EFB over wireless, so its certainly not a best case scenario, but I never have disconnections in EFB, just traffic disappearing on the map once in a while. To be honest since switching from AS2012 to using ASN the situation has actually improved a lot, traffic hardly ever disappears for me now.