No Online-Traffic

Hi,

I know this or similar were already discussed several times, but my experiences changed over time. In the past

most of the time I had no issue with displaying online-traffic. But over time it got bad. When I start at an airport,

log into IVAO I can see traffic around me, but already after t/o the traffic disappears and does not come back even

when parked at my destination. I look into the AI-Monitor, now traffic displayed, but I know for sure that there was plenty

traffic around listening to the communications. I installed FS2Crew for the NGX; maybe this also stresses Simconnect?

Anything I can do to improve that?

Thanks

Peter

The NGX itself puts so much stress on Simconnect there isn't much capacity left over for anything else. Practically every third party app that links to FSX externally has to use Simconnect, so it's easy to see why there are problems. I'm currently spending a lot of time flying the new Airbus Extended from Aerosoft and traffic always shows up fine in EFB with it, that's not the case for me with the NGX, I very rarely see traffic in EFB when ive been in the air for 10 minutes or more.

Maybe this helps (FS2CREW-Manual Page 9/10):

Some users of Aivlasoft’s EFB have reported that stuttering occurs when the FS2Crew FO turns

on the FO’s side VSD. This is not an FS2Crew issue, but rather issue between the NGX itself and

the Aivlasoft’s EFD.

At the same time, some multi-player users have reported that they’ll get kicked off the network

for UDP flooding.

These are not FS2Crew issues, but rather issues associated with the VSD display on the First

Officer’s PDF. It’s a PMDG issue and out of FS2Crew’s control.

The work-around is to ensure the FS2Crew FO does not turn on the FO’s VSD display during his

Runway Entry and Descent flows.

In the PMDG Options menu in the FMC, you can remove the VSD from the aircraft.

Or you can stop FS2Crew from turning on the VSD by opening this file located in App Data:

Users\----- YOUR USER NAME HERE ------

\AppData\Roaming\FS2Crew2010\Versions\PMDG737NGX\SavedData\FS2CrewData.ini

Change:

DisableVSD =0

To:

DisableVSD =1

Hi,

The NGX itself puts so much stress on Simconnect there isn't much capacity left over for anything else

That's exactly what happens. Recently I was on a flight with the PMDG 737 NGX to test some features of the new EFB version 2. Since version 2 is still under development, a lot of information and also errors (aka exceptions) will be logged for further analysis. As soon as I switched on the VSD, SimConnect started to throw endless exceptions with the meaningful text "Too many requests". This explains in a very nice manner what's going on when SimConnect gets stressed. So in my opinion (and I don't say that because I'm the developer of EFB) SimConnect sometimes reaches an invisible limit where it stops to forward data like AI traffic data.

Any solutions? Not really, just to try reducing the workload of SimConnect by reducing the amount of simultaneously running add-ons which are using SimConnect.

Because of this problem with SimConnect, I decided to no longer use SimConnect for EFB version 2. EFB version 2 will use FSUIPC instead.

Guest William
Because of this problem with SimConnect, I decided to no longer use SimConnect for EFB version 2. EFB version 2 will use FSUIPC instead.

That is excellent news - I cannot use EFB with the NGX as I cannot see the online traffic reliably.