First of all, I want to give my compliments for this fantastic add-on!

I'm still in my trial period of 30 days, but after the expiration date I will definitely buy a full license key!!

But I have one question:

I changed some runways like told in the user guide, because FSX was outdated.

this works perfect.

Then I installed Aerosoft add-on software "German Airports 2 Cologne-Bonn". I know for sure that RWY 24 at EDDK has a ILS. In FSX (map and "plane") I also "see" this ILS, but not in the EFB.

Is this because EFB gets this info out of the AIRAC and will the problem be solved if I get the newest AIRAC cycle, or has it something to do with FSX, and does EFB get the ILS info from FSX?

I already did a scenery Data update with the dataprovider.

Thanks a lot,

Björn Brouns

Björn,

EFB gets the ILS data from FSX and Navigraph. FSX provides all the earthbound data whereas Navigraph provides the procedure data. If FSX has ILS data and Navigraph doesn't list an appropriate ILS procedure then EFB doesn't show the ILS in its procedure selector. The other way round, if Navdata has an ILS procedure but FSX doesn't have an appropriate ILS navaid, EFB also doesn't show the ILS procedure.

As you described you already entered the additional lines in the "Runways.txt" which should be as follows:

EDDK 14L 14L

EDDK 32R 32R

EDDK 07 06

EDDK 25 24

EDDK 14R 14R

EDDK 32L 32L

Due to performance reasons EFB will hold every loaded airport in its internal cache until either EFB will be restarted or - if the option "Always request airport data" is checked - the airport will be requested again.

Did you set this option?

Did you restart EFB since the runways have been added?

Hello,

As you described you already entered the additional lines in the "Runways.txt" which should be as follows:

EDDK 14L 14L

EDDK 32R 32R

EDDK 07 06

EDDK 25 24

EDDK 14R 14R

EDDK 32L 32L

I didn't do this, because in the Aerosoft add-on the Runways are already ok. So 07 is already changed in 06 and 25 into 24. After starting the dataprovider I also don't get any errors like before "......rwy in FSX are etc etc..."

I restarted to program and I also reloaded the airport data. But the problem still exist.

Björn

Björn,

are you running the Airac-cycle 0911 or another one?

Could you please send me the following items to support@aivlasoft.com?

a) screenshot of the AirportInformation dialog (Blue button "EDDK Approach", then "Airport Information" (select the "Runways tab").

B) screenshot of the ProcedureSelector dialog (Blue button "EDDK Approach", then "Select Approach", then press on "24"

c) all the logfiles, which can be found as follows:

Windows-Start-Menu > All Programs > AivlaSoft > EFB > Logfiles

If you installed the DataProvider and the DisplayUnit on different computers, please send me the logfiles from both computers.

hi guys

well as far as i can se in EFB it dosent suport rwy 24 but the the pmdg navigraph data have info for rwy 24. and i have the newest Nav Data

but i dont have the add-on but have checked it out and 25 is default as you said but flightsim said ils and (IKOW) at frq. Whit flight1 tool i could see that no ils for the runway. Then i changesed it to 24 also deltet ikow and told ils 109.10 and efb show the approaches but stil not ils will chek it a bit now and tomorow and hope i can help

Best Regards,

Lars N.

hi again,

well i think where the problem is locatet as aersoft have an bgl file like the default APX49130.bgl file in fsx. and i mean that it is to corect fsx data. i mean that all aerosoft bgl corection file is cald AF2-(airport name)

well the best way to get the ils is to try like mee not update efb after instaling

the add-on but gives a littel bug as in fs it says rwy 25 where you select free flight but in the fs the number and other info is 24 also efb only grund data is saying rwy25 and ils 24 is right that is my best way to help at this moment

so try uninstal add-on and get the default updatet to efb and then instal add-on and try it out.

hard to help then i dont have the add-onn so just my idears

Best Regards,

Lars N.

Björn,

today I had the opportunity to check the German Airports 2 scenery on a colleagues computer. The conclusion due to this test is that it is really a bug what you reported. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but with the next program version this bug will be fixed. The next version is coming soon.

Thanks for your patience and for the report.

@ Lars: Thanks for your help, just one thing that you mentioned:

well the best way to get the ils is to try like mee not update efb after instaling the add-on
After a scenery update the indexes that have been saved by the DataProvider will no longer correspond to the bgl-files. Therefore the DataProvider sooner or later will crash if you don't update.

• 3 weeks later...

hi all, this post is a bit late i know, the answer to this lies in noting the ils frequencies for all airport runways within the Map page of MSFS, that way you are sure of the right info. i have just posted to Navigraph today a similar situation concerning airport KAUS and incorrect ils frequencies for RW17R/35L. hopes this helps. gigabyte.

• 7 months later...

The conclusion due to this test is that it is really a bug what you reported. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but with the next program version this bug will be fixed. The next version is coming soon.

Hello Urs,

Today we have 05-11-2010. I reported this bug already in March and it's still not solved. I'm still waiting on the next version that's coming soon.............. :(

Björn

Björn,

it's quite a long time that you've waited to tell me that ... Why didn't you yell earlier?

Since I don't have the German Airport scenery anymore I can't verify it now. But I'm quite sure that it works with 1.1.0 (which has been released May 2010). But anyway, next Friday version 1.2.0 is coming and I can send you a screenshot which I just took some minutes ago.

it's quite a long time that you've waited to tell me that ... Why didn't you yell earlier?

It bothered me not so badly, and there are enough other airports to flight from/to, and there it works perfectly :D

I can tell you that it doesn't work with 1.1.0.

I will wait until next Friday, then try it with your update and will report back.

Thank you for your support,

Björn

Hi Björn,

I too am curious about this issue.

I do not have this Aerosoft scenery, but I do have other Aerosoft airports and have not noticed an approach or ILS problem with them.

Here is the Airport Information - Landing Aids panel from my installation (I believe I am using an airport BGL from MyTraffic X.)

If you could, would you please post a screenshot from your installation?

And if I may re-ask the essential question - is the issue that you see that

• ... you do not have ILS information for runway 24?
    ... you do not have the ILS 24 approach available?
    ... or is it that you do not have any approach for runway 24 available?

(Or is it a combination of the above, or something that I've totally missed altogether??)

With regards,

[attachment=0]eddk-info.jpg[/attachment]

Hi Urs,

I installed the update. Great work! I love it!

But, there were still problems with EDDK.

I searched and searched and.....found the problem!!!

In the runways.txt file you mixed the runways. 07 should be 06 and 25 should be 24. you did it the wrong way ;-)

Everything works fine now, and like I said before, thank you for the great work and super support!

Björn