Aircraft Icon and SID/STAR directions disappear when Simbrief FP is loaded

Shadehawke

So I had this happen twice now. The first time was from KATL-EGPH and then again just now from EGPH - KBOS. Basically, when I load the FP from Simbrief, via the automated interface, once I get in the air, all SID/STAR Directions and my Aircraft icon disappear. In order to fix it, I had to clear the FP and then copy and paste the information that Aivlasoft pulls from Simbrief and modify it so the beginning has EGPH and the end has KBOS and then it works fine. I have included below what Aivlasoft pulled in from SimBrief and used strikethrough on what I removed and replaced with just the airport ICAO codes. Prior to the flight from KATL - EGPH, I never had this happen.

(FPL-DAL123-IS
-A346/H-SDE2E3FGHIJ3J4J5M1RWXY/LB1D1
-EGPH1805
-N0473F360
GOSAM1D GOSAM P600 FENIK DCT NORBO DCT MAC DCT MOLAK DCT
 GISTI DCT MALOT/M083F370 NATE RAFIN/N0473F380 N86A TUSKY DCT EURRO
 OOSHN5
-KBOS0638 KJFK
-PBN/A1B1C1D1L1O1S1S2 DOF/231211 REG/N634SB EET/EISN0024 EGGX0105
 53N020W0129 CZQX0218 48N040W0312 KZWY0411 CZQM0449 KZBW0559 OPR/DAL
 PER/D RALT/EGPO LPAZ CYYT RMK/TCAS AGCS EQUIPPED NRP USA)

Hi Shawn

once I get in the air, all SID/STAR Directions and my Aircraft icon disappear

If the aircraft icon disappears, means that an internal error in the drawing code happened and the routine was left before the icon could have been drawn.

One reason could be that the NAT tracks were no longer valid at the time when the aircraft was in the air.

The routing contains the term 'NATE' which will be resolved in single waypoints according to the downloaded tracks information. This happens only once when the flightplan will be created. Assuming that the NAT tracks have changed, or better said, became invalid between the successful check and the time when you get airborne, would lead to invalid waypoints in the routing which then could be the cause for the error. Could that be the reason?

If this was not the cause for the issue, then please create a set of support files when it happens next time and upload the files here. Thanks.

Hey, thanks for the response!

It appears this may only be happening with FPs that have NAT Tracks, which is odd because I haven't had this issue in the past. I have attached the Support files I just created for my current flight, from BOS-DUB. This FP has NATW. The other thing to note is there is /maybe/ five minutes between generating the FP and loading up Aivlasoft and an hour max before I take off, so I don't know how they could expire that quickly.

Cheers!

Server_202312131234.txt.zip Client_202312131234.txt.zip

Thanks for uploading the files. It is indeed an error which is causing the map drawing process to exit before it has finished. The error happens because it is trying to read an airport from the airports database but this airport seems not to be available. So my idea is that something must have happened when the database was created. I can see from the logfile that an error was logged when the DbBuilder was trying to analyze the folder 'XPAPT' in the Servers directory structure. So the question is which airports are in this folder and can you give it a try to rebuild the database without these airports?

That is a whole lot of airports to try and exclude from the DB Builder and I don't even know how I would exclude them. I have included the earth_nav.dat file in that folder (which is the only file there) and it looks like it came from Navigraph directly.

My question is, if that is the cause of the error, then why does it work just fine if I strip out the extraneous information from the beginning and end of the Simbrief imported plan and just replace them with the airport ICAO codes?

If it thought the airports didn't exist wouldn't that still cause an issue?

The folder XPAPT is not meant for placing the earth_nav.dat file. It is meant for certain/single apt.dat files. For details please see the manual "4 EN Database.pdf", chapter 2.7 and 2.8.

My question is, if that is the cause of the error, then why does it work just fine if I strip out the extraneous information from the beginning and end of the Simbrief imported plan and just replace them with the airport ICAO codes?

According to the logfile entries I have to go the way to eliminate all possible reasons and therefore the first step is trying to create a database without any errors. As I already mentioned before, the error at the Client happens when the program is trying to access a certain airport which obviously is not present in the database. If an airport is not present in the database points to an error at the creation process of the database. When you strip out the extraneous information all the alternate airports are no longer part of the flight plan and therefore the program is not trying to access them. Most likely this is the difference and the reason why it works then.