Missing Runway labels

I must somehow have done something to the settings...?

I mean it can't be true that you're not able to see any number labels for the runways when the chart is in approach mode.. :shock:

When flying VFR it's is impossible for me to see which runway to land on. I'm only able to bring up the vectors to the runways - but the vectors themself fill up the whole map and hide all the runways!

How do I bring up appropriate runway labels during approach, similar to those in the ground map mode.??

Cheers, Morten

AFAIK, this is the first public mention of such. :)

I would think that at the scale of an approach chart, to include runway labels would bring a great deal of clutter. That's me though.

One thing I have thought would be nice would be an optional "mini-ground chart overlay" for an approach chart - similar to those done on FAA charts - that would depict the runways and such in an "North up" configuration. I've not worked out the details of scaling such an overlay - how would zooms or pans work?

Taking a look at the attached image, it's clear that there is no way that the runway numbers could be well depicted on the approach chart itself. However in the corner mini-ground chart, the numbers stand out well.

Clutter..?

Well FSCommander manage that perfectly without clutter - and that is, in only ONE chart mode! You just zoom in!

I hate FSCommander for other reasons and I am overall satisfied with EFB, but I simply can't live with the fact that EFB doesn't do the job here. It's simply a nightmare flying VFR with EFB.

So please don't force me back to FSCommander!

Morten

Morten,

it's not my intention to force you back to any other program, but please bear in mind that EFB was developed basically for IFR flying. If you fly under IFR condition, then you must select a certain runway to land and a procedure which guides you to that runway.

The idea that Travis brought up seems to be interesting. I cannot promise anything but I will have a look at this as soon as I work in that area for version 2.

Thanks indeed gentlemen for your forbearing answers - considering my frustrated state of mind! ;)

Your information about that EFB first of all is intended for IFR route planning also clearly explains why I find this application so particular good for exactly that purpose and not for VFR flying.

- The exact other way around for FSCommander! :)

However, it sounds indeed promising that you plane to bring in some VFR friendly facilities by the upcoming version 2!

Being registered here in this support forum, I hope I'll be automatically notified when version 2 arrives, then?!

Cheers, Morten

Being registered here in this support forum, I hope I'll be automatically notified when version 2 arrives, then?!

I'm not certain if during the sign-up process the forum indicated that AivlaSoft might send "emails of interest," but I wouldn't be surprised if EFB 1.nn customers might receive such notification.