Warning - no Scenery category found in all FlightBeam airport folders

RayProudfoot

Hi Urs, lonewulf47,

Curious issue when the Database is scanning my scenery. For every Flightbeam airport I get the message that "No scenery category can be found ..."

It's scanning a sub-folder with the scenery folder named add.scenery where an add-on.xml and executable named AddScenery.exe exists but no BGLs.

This is associated with the Flightbeam utility to control settings in each airport. It's not a major problem but I would like to exclude the add.scenery folder if possible.

I've looked through the manuals but can't see a way of doing it. Any ideas.

Hi Ray,

2 hours ago, RayProudfoot said:

I would like to exclude the add.scenery folder if possible

In EFB you can define a kind of a blacklist for folders and (bgl-)files to exclude them from the scanning process.

Have a look at the following location (default installation path): C:\Users\<username>\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Server\DbBuilder\Base. There you can see two files which start with 'BglSceneryExclude...', one is exclusively for MSFS whereas the other is for FSX and all versions of P3D.

Just open the appropriate file with any text editor (like Notepad.exe). On top of the file you will find detailed instructions about how to create an exclude definition. If you have any questions, feel free to ask here.

Hi Urs,

This is proving troublesome. The scenery affected is added via add-on.xml rather than an entry in scenery.cfg.

So I changed all 9 entries to scenery.cfg using Addon Organizer. I then added \add.scenery\ to the file BglSceneryExclude.txt.

But when running the database update the log produces this entry. Same for all bar the airport name...

Warning : Path 'C:\p3dv5\Flightbeam\Flightbeam - KDEN\scenery\add.scenery\Flightbeam\Flightbeam - KDEN\scenery' in C:\p3dv5\Flightbeam\Flightbeam - KDEN\scenery\add.scenery\add-on.xml does not exist
Debug   : -- No scenery category found in: C:\p3dv5\Flightbeam\Flightbeam - KDEN\scenery\add.scenery\add-on.xml

Any ideas how to resolve this please?

43 minutes ago, RayProudfoot said:

Any ideas how to resolve this please?

A workaround Ray is to rename that add-on.xml to add-on.xml.off as this is only used to add the scenery entry to the sim upon install.

I don't believe a folder containing the word scenery can be excluded from scanning, in this case add.scenery.