New HD, no fmc_ident.txt

Hi-

Just installed FSX on a new, larger HD and when opening the data provider, I get the cannot locate Navigraph fmc_ident.txt

I'm assuming that this is going to be a simple matter of getting EFB to see the file on the new HD. Or is a complete reinstall necessary?

Thanks,

Mark

Are you a subscriber to the Navigraph FMS data (airac cycles)? If so, then I suggest that you download the latest cycle from their website and install it.

If you're not a subscriber and you used the Navigraph procedures which are included in the EFB setup then you will find the Navigraph installer in the installation folder (where EFB is installed). It's a file name "AIVLASOFT_1101.exe".

Mark,

If you still have the Navigraph files installed into H:\FSX\Aivlasoft, create a folder within your FSX installation named H:\FSX\FMCWP and then copy all of the Navigraph files and folders into H:\FSX\FMCWP.

Then when the DP starts, you can change its folder setting to look for Navigraph files in H:\FSX\Aivlasoft. Exit and restart the DP to ensure it is reading data from H:\FSX\Aivlasoft and then you can delete the H:\FSX\FMCWP folder and its contents.

Whew. :)

Regards,

Thanks, GG.

I'm not at my computer right now, but this should have been much easier than what we both anticipated. 'llI try it in an hour or two when I get back to my FSX computer and we'll see if I can fix this thing. I can't believe that I'm the first person that has run into this...

Thanks for the help :)

Cheers,

Mark

Rather than reinstalling, try renaming your data provider user settings file which should force it to start from default settings.

And this is the first time this has come up (as far as I can recall) so I expect a real soon change in behavior of how the DataProvider initializes. :roll:

I couldn't find a settings file anywhere

It should be in your \Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB\Settings\ folder.

But before you do anything else, please send all of your EFB log files (from \Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB\Logfiles\) to Urs at support @ aivlasoft.com.

OK, here's where I'm at...

Uninstalled both provider/display unit. This is a networked configuration BTW which worked fine up until the new HD install.

Ran a reg cleaner. Reinstalled both apps, checked for shares and pinged host computer from laptop with 4/4 success.

EFB starts fine on host with FSX connection established, etc. Provider opens on laptop fine but hangs with yellow 'Connecting' message and will not open fully. The settings tab is available and I can get in there. Also checked path to provider db which in this case is...

\\MARK-FSX\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\AivlaSoft\EFB\AivlaSoft.Efb.DataProvider

I just had a though regarding this..do I need to set up a mapped drive on the laptop to the DP in order to get this to work?

Thanks for your help, Travis.

Mark

Mark,

what are the TCP/IP settings on the DisplayUnit's computer?

- did you set "Server Mode" to remote?

- is the "Server name" exactly the name of the DataProviders's computer?

- are both computers members of the same workgroup?

do I need to set up a mapped drive on the laptop to the DP in order to get this to work?
No, to my knowledge this is not necessary.

If it were a DNS problem (DNS cannot resolve the DataProviders IP-address from the given name) then I can say that the upcoming update 1.3.2 will allow you to set a IP-address instead of only the name of the DataProvider's computer. Maybe this will help to solve the problem.

The soon-to-be-released version 1.3.2 (Not another Service Pack) changes behavior in that if the DP is launched and the Navigraph files are not found, an error is noted and users are then able to change the Settings to 'find' the Navigraph files.

[attachment=0]132-startup.png[/attachment]