EFB2 is not forwarding the flight plan to MSFS on G1000 equipped aircraft after SU10

Tanveer

After several tests we came to the finding that something must have changed on Asobo's/MS' side. The waypoint type 'User' seems to no longer be treated the same way as before SU10. One can easily test this as follows: Create a simple flight plan in MSFS, from one airport to any other airport and add one or two user waypoints. This flight plan will now be displayed properly. Then save this flight plan and close MSFS. Now restart MSFS and try to load the flight plan which have been created before. You will see that the airports are still displayed properly while the user waypoints between the airports are now depicted at the Northpole. The legs between the airports will be depicted 'straight upwards' to the Northpole.

However, it seems that a flight plan which contains only 'official' waypoints such as airports, navaids and/or fixes, can still be created and forwarded by EFB. Such a flight plan will also be depicted properly in the G1000 NXi from Working Title.

As long as MSFS cannot read or interpret the user waypoints it creates itself, there is nothing we can do from our side to remedy the situation.

So that would obviously affect the addition of a DCT waypoint change, as that generates a "present position" custom waypoint.

But, it may be even more than that, I didn't think that the flightplan transferred at all into MSFS, if using the 1000. Will double check that, it may be something along the lines of above.

Thanks for looking at this.

* Orest

1 hour ago, oskrypuch said:

But, it may be even more than that, I didn't think that the flightplan transferred at all into MSFS, if using the 1000. Will double check that, it may be something along the lines of above.

Yes, I agree. I have noticed that too. This seems to be a change within the WorkingTitle G1000NXi. As I wrote before, the G3000 and the G3X work normally. Again, there is nothig we can do about this, if a developer decides to change major behaviour within the dataset.

• 2 weeks later...

As a stop-gap measure while a permanent fix  becomes available, could there be a way to replace the 'Working Title' G1000 with the Asobo G1000 as default GPS for all G1000 based aircraft in MSFS(or a subset of all aircraft)?

Thanks

Tanveer

• 1 month later...

So, SU11 is out, and there seems to be some changes the flight plan internal formats.

Any chance that actually HELPS work around this issue?

My interest is in being able to control the flight plan and any enroute plan changes, directly from the Aivlasoft EFB, like I can for small GA aircraft in P3D. The UI in 2020 for the GPS units is virtually unusable, with the arcane mouse twitching needed.

* Orest

OK, so question, what is the level of functioning to be expected for the G3000, for example with the TBM in 2020, SU11?

If I load the TBM with a flight plan, it doesn't appear to propogate to Aivlasoft.

And, if I create a flight plan in Aivlasoft, it does not appear in 2020.

So, there doesn't appear to be any sync at all.

The TBM profile is recognized, the forward flightplan tick boxes are ticked, and it has recognized 2020 as the sim running.

This is with the Aivlasoft version just updated tonight. Curiously I had to run the database builder (for both 2020 & P3D), as there were no databases existing any more, not sure why. Maybe that happens for some updates.

The rebuild found the sims, and recreated the databases. Is that expected with the latest Aivlasoft update?

* Orest

As to my knowledge the behavior regarding the G3000/G3X has not changed since SU10.

Do not load a flight plan from the MSFS world map when using EFB.  It will mess up things. Just create and manage the flight plan from EFB only, including adding/removing SID, STAR, Approach. After each change of the EFB flight plan, the flight plan will be forwarded to the default GPS system of MSFS. The autopilot will follow all these changes, despite of not displaying all these changes and even the entire route on the G3000/G3X screens in the simulator. This is a limitation which is 'built-in' since the very first release of MSFS in 2020.

• 2 months later...

I am new to this version of EFB2, I used the old verision a few years back, but I too seem to have the issue with the flight plans not going from EFB2 to MSFS2020. I have the option ticked to send them but no magenta route is appearing in the GPS, and unable to select NAV mode in auto pilot. Which suggests there is no route. 

It depends on which GPS system is in use.

As far as we could investigate in the meantime, it seems that with the latest MSFS update (AAU1) the GPS systems do no longer accept a flight plan loaded externally (e.g. by EFB). It seems that it is only possible to load a flight plan from the 'World screen' BEFORE you start your flight. This will also prevent from any external modifications inflight and therefore it will also no longer be possible to load a 'Zulu' flight plan while you are airborne.

In other words, once the flight plan has been loaded, you have to manage your flight plan using the buttons, switches and rotary knobs given by the different GPS systems, G1000/G3000 and also GNS430/530 which are maintained now by Working Title.

We are very sorry that obviously Asobo/MS or Working Title decided that the development of the GPS systems is going in this direction, because this way  EFB loses one of its elementary functions in combination with the following GPS systems: G1000/G3000, GNS430/530 (all maintained by Working Title).  However there are still a few other GPS-systems around which are NOT (yet) concerned from this latest change.

1 hour ago, aivlasoft said:

However there are still a few other GPS-systems around which are NOT (yet) concerned from this latest change.

Could you tell me any examples? I do have the PMS5 GTN750 premium. Not tried it yet, but will try shortly. 

Really hope I can get it working, as I love your EFB2 just a shame about this one issue. 

Best regards

Rob Engvikson

I'm currently flying the Analog King Air equipped with the PMS GNS430/530. It still accepts flight plans created with EFB.

EDIT: if you are using this GPS system you have to check in the Content Manager whether the Working Title variant is already installed. I have uninstalled the WT-variant.

• 1 month later...
On 2/7/2023 at 2:18 AM, aivlasoft said:

It depends on which GPS system is in use.

As far as we could investigate in the meantime, it seems that with the latest MSFS update (AAU1) the GPS systems do no longer accept a flight plan loaded externally (e.g. by EFB). It seems that it is only possible to load a flight plan from the 'World screen' BEFORE you start your flight. This will also prevent from any external modifications inflight and therefore it will also no longer be possible to load a 'Zulu' flight plan while you are airborne.

In other words, once the flight plan has been loaded, you have to manage your flight plan using the buttons, switches and rotary knobs given by the different GPS systems, G1000/G3000 and also GNS430/530 which are maintained now by Working Title.

We are very sorry that obviously Asobo/MS or Working Title decided that the development of the GPS systems is going in this direction, because this way  EFB loses one of its elementary functions in combination with the following GPS systems: G1000/G3000, GNS430/530 (all maintained by Working Title).  However there are still a few other GPS-systems around which are NOT (yet) concerned from this latest change.

Would it be possible to be able to add an option to export an MSFS 2020 flight plan from EFB to the sim? There is the option for FSX/P3D, but it is not the same format and MSFS 2020 does not recognize it. This would be a good temporary work around.