XPLANE 12

okanergoknil

• 2 weeks later...

Same problem for me:I can choose the root-folder XP 12 in the "Installation folder", but I not even have the possibility to choose XP12 in the columne above , only my old(and deleted) XP11 is shown in the program version on the "Update Simulator" page.

Regards

Herbert.

As I already mentioned here, the current EFB version 2.3 #134 does not yet support XP12. To fully support XP12 some code changes must have been done. Please be patient, EFB 2.3 #135 will be released asap after the official release of XP12 (except there will be some last minute changes in XP12 which have to be adapted first in EFB).

You have to distinguish between 'static' data and 'dynamic' data. 'Static' in this regard means the database which contains information about the airports and navaids, while 'dynamic' data means position and attitude data provided by X-Plane via UDP. Both are required for proper operation.

The dynamic data exchange seems to work with XP12 already with EFB 2.3 #134, while the database can only be created after the next EFB update 2.3 #135.

It looks like the problem is boiling down to EFB v2 looking for the Default XP Earth_nav.dat in /Resources/default scenery/default apt data/ when it is actually in /Resources/default data/.

Sadly, nothing to do but wait for the update, I suppose. It's unfortunate, because I really prefer EFB v2 over STKP. More familiar with EFB v2, as well, since it is all I used with XP11.