How the efb v2 works

Citation73

Im not sure if the efb was meant to do this or not but here is my question :  while airborne i start up the efb ( because its loaded with tons of information)  as soon as i enter the flight plan in the efb my aircraft begins to start the flight all over again . I.e. the autopilot will turn to the very first waypoint instead of maintaining its original course.

I do have to point out that i use the efb for smaller corporate aircraft so FMC is not being used .I am wondering  Is there away to have the efb only monitor the sim (mfs2020 ) and not actively take over control of the flight plan while in flight ? 

During my whole flying career of IRL and SIM, I would never have the idea of starting the flight preparation after being airborne... But I agree, everyone to his liking, so I will not discuss any EFB matters on this topic any further. Just go to your A/C profile and deselect the field "forward flight plan to default GPS". Oh, and BTW, there are also manuals available in your EFB installation...

19 hours ago, Citation73 said:

as soon as i enter the flight plan in the efb my aircraft begins to start the flight all over again . I.e. the autopilot will turn to the very first waypoint instead of maintaining its original course.

If the aircraft begins to start turning backwards to the first waypoint of the flight plan when you enter your flight plan in the EFB, then from my point of view, the autopilot seems to be engaged already. Make sure the autopilot is not yet engaged BEFORE you load the flight plan. The flight plan from EFB is always forwarded to the default GPS of the simulator, as soon as it is created or updated, or deleted. If you don't want to automatically forward the flight plan to the simulator's Default-GPS you should deactivate this option in the respective aircraft profile settings.

When your aircraft is airborne already and you are loading the flight plan which you created while you were on the ground, your aircraft is already ahead of the first waypoint of your plan. So after loading the flight plan you should use the 'Direct-to' function to select the next waypoint in front of you and then activate the autopilot.