EFB not liking ASE weather files?

I was allowing EFB to get its METAR data from FSX, but realised that because I'm using ASE in DWC mode, this would be wrong except close to the weather station requested.

So I changed it to point to the ASE weather files. There seemed to be two it accepted when browsing for the path:

current_wx_snapshot.txt

current_synthesized_wx.txt

I looked at both and they seemed to be pretty similar, so I chose the latter. However, when asking for the METAR for LIPZ, the display part of EFB said it wasn't a recognised format.

I'm using ASE with the latest update, SP3.

what am I doing wrong?

I tried to attach a ZIP of the weather file, but even Zipped it is too big (304kb, max allowed only 256?)

Regards

Pete

I confirm that it is the "current_wx_snapshot.txt" file.

Right. I did try that and it was fine.

I didn't find it in the manual -- though I see in another post that it appears in a picture. That actually explains why I didn't find it -- I have the manual, like all my FS App documentation, on my iPad, and searched the text for details of the relevant file and where to find it. Perhaps you could include it in the text at some stage, please? Searches don't work on pictures I'm afraid. ;-)

Regards

Pete

"synthesized wx" - that sounds wibbly-wobbly, like "processed cheese." ;)

Synthesized simply means "made" or "created". So the ASE synthesized weather is not only what has been downloaded, but it has been processed for FSX, made into the right form. This is why it sounded more correct. I really don't know where you get "wibbly-wobbly" from. Anyway that more describes "jelly", not weather nor cheese.

Pete

I bring it up on a second monitor

Ah, I don't like having more that one monitor for FSX with bits spread over. It definitely affects performance. ;-).

I have 7 PCs and 11 screens other than the projection making up the full cockpit experience, all using a combination of WideFS, SimConnect and individual network linkages. ;-)

Pete

My i7 2600k and GTX580 doesn't see even a single frame drop when I enable my second screen, the main one is 1920x1200 and the second is a touch screen at 1920x1080. I used to get a small drop with my GTX285, but not at all with the 580.

Ah, I don't have any problems either -- except with UK2000 Heathrow will full graphics and full AI traffic and typical English weather! Then everything makes a difference! That's my benchmark. I've managed, eventually, to get it up to 20 fps minimum, averaging 30 there, and that's with the GTX 580 (3Gb memory) overclocked and the i2500K at 4.9GHz.

Almost everywhere else the frame rates are ridiculously high.

Regards

Pete