Can't create MSFS database

willmactav

I am having trouble creating a database for MSFS2020. I am attempting to locate the main MSFS directory, because unlike P3D, it does not detect it automatically. When I select the main MSFS directory (steam edition) it does not give me the option to continue onto the next step.

I'm not sure if I am missing something, or just not doing it properly. Or maybe I missed an update. I am on the latest build of EFBv2.

image.png.78e7b612216399466036f5e681217a63.png

image.png.35b492e5dbf3ddd77ab909533c31c14b.png

Seems to be a small misunderstanding. The path shown should be the path where the \community folder is located. Normally EFB finds this path automatically by looking at the "UserCfg.opt" file. The correct installation path is to be found in the last line of this file. If automatic location of this folder fails, you should try to locate the "UserCfg.opt"  file with a search app like "AgentRansack" or similar file and look for the last line in this file. It should read: "InstalledPackagesPath "your installation path""

I'm not familiar with the Steam installation, however AFAIK even for a Steam installation the mentioned file should be in "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache"

The fact that the installation folder has a yellow background means that EFB was not able to locate the \community folder in this path.

Well, yes, the you need to find the location of the \community folder in your installation. I can't hlep you on this one. Maybe someone using a Steam Installation can throw in some help. You might also search for the "UserCfg.opt" file by means of a freeware serach tool like Agent Ransack. The last line of this file contains the path to your \community folder.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

It cannot find the path to the so called 'generic airports'. Therefore the database cannot be built.

I don't have an installation of the steam-version of MSFS so I'm unfortunately unable to advise whether the proposed path 'C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\official\steam\fs-base-genericairports' is the correct path to the generic airports.

Maybe there are other users having a steam version on the computer and can help?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

first step: use windows finder to find file "UserCfg.opt". (just find "UserCfg" ok.)

second step: use 记事本 to open "UserCfg.opt" and pull to the bottom and find the last line. such like" InstalledPackagesPath "E:\mfs2020\Microsoft Flight Simulator\HLM_Packages\""

third step: supplement full path to HLM-Packages folder.

fourth step: copy flightsimulator.exe which locates in the folder of "steam\steamapp\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\ " to HLM_Packages folder.

fifth step: open Aivasoft EFB buider and select HLM-Packages folder.  click finish. done.

Wish u have a nice flight.