Installation of Airac new Cycle

Hello,

I just installed you EFB addon which seems to be of the greatest quality... My first impression is the following one : those guys know what they are talking about ! and that is the most important when you plan to develop and maintain such a tool. I will try EFB during the 30 days trial period and in the case I decide to buy it be sure it's excellent. My only regret : EFB doesn't work on FSX full screen mode if installed on a single PC ! To be honest I was looking for the equivalent of FSnav for FSX. FSnav is simple to use and works fine with FS9 full screen mode.. But Fsnav is no longer supported ! It's clear your addon is far better, rather intuitive but much more sophisticated !

My question : as a regular Navigraph customer I just want to know how to proceed to install a new EFB cycle. The AivlaSoft EFB current Cycle available is : 1001 (Effective from 14JAN10) AIRAC 1001 cycle - includes navaids, airports, airways and terminal procedures. I just downloaded it and before installing I want to make sure which file to save before installation.

Is that the entire folder located in :

(Drive letter)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Simulator X\Aivlasoft

wich contains the 2 folders Navdata + SIDSTARS ?

Would you please let me know ? Merci beaucoup

;););););)

ontheair,

first of all, thanks for the compliment.

Full Screen Mode: As described in the installation and configuration manual, section 3, page 8 of 20, it's a problem due to the design of Windows and/or FS-Full Screen Mode. As long as FSX is running as a 'normal' Windows program you can switch to other Windows programs like EFB. As soon as you run FSX in Full-Screen-Mode, you are leaving the 'normal' Windows mode and all other Windows-programs are no longer serviceable except they are programmed as an internal part of FSX. Many of the FSX add-ons which are available on the today's market are independent programs. An independent program like EFB offers many features which were not available if it had been developed as internal FS-program. To sum up, there is always advantage and disadvantage.

Navigraph: Like all other Navigraph installers, the AivlaSoft Navigraph installer (which is maintained by Navigraph itself) creates backup files before installing a new version. The user must not create backups by itself before installing a new version.

Hope this helps.

I just read in a review in a german flightsimulator magazin that "Aivla" means "Eagle" in Rhaeto-Romanic, which is one of the four official languages in Switzerland (besides Italian, French, and German).

Hope this is correct, Urs.

Regards,

Michael

• 6 months later...

First I am new here since I start the trial period yesterday for EFB. Also yesterday, a first on line (IVAO) flight with EFB was sucessfully.

BTW New but not alone as some friends from other Addons Forums are here also!!! ;)

As I am not a computer expert, I need a little help on how to install a new airac file as today Airac cycle 1009 is available.

I did not find the "AivlaSoft Navigraph installer (which is maintained by Navigraph itself)"

Thanks in advance for your reply

Pascal

Hi Pascal,

To install a new Airac-Cycle is very easy:

1) Download the latest Airac-Cycle for "AivlaSoft EFB" from Navigraph's website:

http://www.navigraph.com/www/fmsdata.asp to the computer on which the DataProvider is running.

2) Exit the DataProvider (if it's already running)

3) Run the Airac-Installer

4) Start the DataProvider, it will then recognize the new cycle

that's it.