KENET2M SID Gatwick Problem

Hi

I am using AIRAC 1107 Rev 2 in EFB and selected the KENET2M SID from 26L at Gatwick (EGKK). The route from 26L bypasses Midhurst, does a quick 180 and comes back to Midhurst before continuing to D10.0.

Not sure if this is a EFB problem or Navigraph ?

Glen

Hi Glen,

from my point of view it's a Navigraph related issue. If you have a look into the file "EGKK.txt" (in folder "[FSX]\AivlaSoft\SIDSTARS") you will notice that four SIDs (HARD5M, HARD5V, KENE2M and KENE2V) are described like " ... TRK 259 UNTIL 10.5 FROM FIX MID ...". In my opinion it should be " ... TO FIX ..." instead of "... FROM ...".

If you change these 4 items, then reset the airport data cache (System -> Settings -> Miscellaneous -> Reset airport data cache) and reload the airport.

Hi Urs

Many thanks for your reply :)

I have changed the 'FROM' to a 'TO' as you advised, and for EFB it has fixed the problem. However, I checked the PMDG SID files which also said 'FROM' and loaded up the PMDG 737 in FS2004 so I could see a pictorial representation of the SID (KENET2M) on the nav display screen, but that showed correctly with the 'FROM' still in place ??

So it appears only EFB needs a 'TO' instruction at this point in the SID's text file - how strange.

Glen

There are a few problems with this TXT file, two more fixes also for this file highlighted in blue. Urs beat me to the othe two. I have just flown the KENET2M with the IFLY and no problems with the navdata or navigraph since i amended the txt file for the SID

BOGNA1M

SID BOGN1M RNW 26L TRK 259 UNTIL 10.5 TO FIX MID FIX D177M AT OR ABOVE 3000 FIX D177R 5000 FIX D177W 6000 FIX OCK28 FIX BOGNA

BIG7M

SID BIG7M RNW 26L FIX OVERFLY IWW23 AT OR ABOVE 702 HDG 351 INTERCEPT RADIAL 081 TO FIX DET31 FIX DET31 FIX DET29 AT OR BELOW 4000 FIX OVERFLY ACORN 5000 FIX OVERFLY D125R 6000 TURN LEFT HDG 022 INTERCEPT RADIAL 292 TO FIX BIG FIX BIG