View snaps back to aircraft despite option turned off

RayProudfoot

During a flight I need to draw a 40nm circle around my arrival airport to aid with the descent phase. I then find the nearest VOR and draw a line from it to where it intercepts that circle. The distance and heading is then entered into the CDU on my PMDG737. There is a requirement using Radar Contact to be at a specific altitude at that point.

I turn off the option at the bottom of the display which in theory should stop EFB from detecting and centring my aircraft. But whilst I’m drawing this line the map will switch back to my aircraft. It does this on a frequent basis.

Urs, could you check your code around this action please.

Hi Ray,

I'm sorry but I cannot reproduce the behavior as described by your post above. Whenever I switch off the option "MvMp" (Moving Map), the map does no longer move. Please also check the settings for the Moving Map as there are some situation where an automatic start of the moving map might be triggered.

Hi Urs,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Been suffering with a heavy cold.

I've found the option that was causing the problem. "If moving map has been deactivated... reactivate it after...". It's set to 10 secs so I'll increase it to 60. That should resolve the problem - thanks! 👍