AIRAC Cycle 1107 and ILS 25L EBBR

Hello to all the Team,

I've just finished a flight from DAAG to EBBR and during the approach I've selected the rwy 25L at EBBR (with the scenery 's AEROSOFT for Mega Brussels Airport). On the chart of Navigraph the frequency of ILS rwy 25L is 110.35 and on the EFB Chart frequency was still the old one 110.30.

Could you give me your advice about this difference ? Is it something wrong in my procedure of approach or something else between Navigraph and your program ?

Thanks in advance for your answer and once more many thanks for this great program.

Marc :)

Hello Urs,

Thanks for this precision.

To be clear : 110.30 is indeed the frequency of EBBR scenery coming from FSX but the scenery of AEROSOFT gives normally the new one 110.35. I don't understand then why via Data Provider and the options FSX scenery data update this frequency isn't change in EFB Display unit.

Perhaps other users have the same issue.

I'm not sure all the changing of those AEROSOFT airports are correctly reflected in Display unit (another example with the AEROSOFT Airport of SANTORINI LGSR and his different runways).

Best Regards.

Marc

So just tested the approach EBBR 25L on my Display Unit located on the same PC as FSX and of course my Data Provider and the same result as described at the beginning.

I don't unterstand what is wrong. :o

On the settings of Data Provider "Folders" my Navigraph data is well on my folder FSX\AivlaSoft and the AIRAC Cycle 1107 is well recognized when I run Data Provider.

Marc

aloha marc from marc :)

i have experienced similar situations at other airports, too.

my solution?

i scanned the entire fsx folder (fs9 would work as well, i am assuming) for that xxx*.bg* file - that would be in your case *ebbr*.bg*.

i had some old bgl files in a backup folder, which, of course is not active. but efb obviously made an entry during the setup of airport indexes file.

after i uninstalled/deleted! all non active bgl files and re-ran an update - the situation was fixed.

thus, i am suggesting to delete/safe to any other location, other than fsx/fs9 the unused or outdated bgl files, referencing to any existing and activated airport/addon.

hope this solves your issue as well.

with aloha

Marc

Check done and unfortunately I don't have any old BGL files for Brussels Airport.

Will check if I've the same problem with CORK Airport and his rwy 35. Just checked and there ... no problem the new ILS frequency is correct on my Display Unit. :shock:

In any case many thanks for your suggestion ;)

Marc

So the problem is resolved.

What I've done ?

Simply de-installed the Mega Airport Scenery. Restarted the PC then running Data Provider and rescan the sceneries.

After the scan re-installed the Mega Scenery EBBR and re-running the Data Provider and his FSX scenery Data Update. And now I see the correct frequency for the runway 25L.

Sorry for the disturbing but I think it should be a good tip for those guys confronting with same issues.

Marc :?

i actually did not go that far :)

i searched the msfs with win7 search tool - (i am old fashioned).

just be very careful when you use your tool - not to erase something that needs to be there

here is another thing for you to ponder :) if you are on it already...

limc by simgiants' newest scenery (linate) does not include ils 17L.

all you can do is making an almost blank afcad (using ade or afx - better!) and leave only the 2 rwys and the stock ils17 on the file and then add it to the addons scenery/scenery.

the other enigma is lgav

4 ils approaches and only 2 frequencies (not bc - backcourse!)

there is to this day no scenery here (flytampa is about to release a brandnew one!) that works with all 4 approaches! with most afcads etc you get the 4 ils tuned correctly but in most cases you get only 3 out of 4 glideslopes :) go figure...

just another headache.

details like these can be very annoying and it is too easy to make it an obsession to fix it! lol.

i just request 'a visual approach', weather permitting :)

marc

Hi gents,

If you want to verify which BGL that EFB is refererring to, then you can use this little trick to view that data from your Airport Information form.

Marc,

I have a different EFB-related problem with the otherwise super-excellent Stansted Extreme from UK2000. So what I do to make my problem go away is to just disable the EGSS entry in my FSX scenery.cfg file, run an EFB Data Provider update, then re-enable my UK2000 EGSS and fly.

That'd certainly be easier than uninstalling / reinstalling. :)

urs' trick with lemh did not work out as i had hoped :*

the starsid file shows and assigns both stars and sid to all4 ryws.

when check the airport info it shows them all 4 present - so does the navaipt file.

they all corellate.

and still getting only 1r displayed when configuring my dep...

here is one thing that i noted with navigraph.

sometimes, rarely they get a glicht in their compiled files (e.g. lkpr was totally missing - turned out it was a faulty entry at the end of starsid file.

may isuggest to marc from marc to may use an old airac or simply wait for airac 1108 to be released - that might fix the issue as well.

thanks anybody for generous input

marc

aloha marc

i looked into your issue with aerosoft ebbr scenery - and the culprit is to be found with used afx_ebbr.bgl file.

please read me extensive reply about aerosoft afcads issues here:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=578&p=3462#p3462

let me know when you have the time and nerves to play around with this one :)

after all, we bought all these addons in order to spend time flying and not trying to solve sloppy or even crappy scenery building.

(running the risk now to step on aerosoft's toes).

rt, aka marc

so to make a long story short- it has nothing to do with airac cycle!

honnit soit qui mal y pense (or similar - :x )

anyway - only flying is nicer (provided it all works properly and as desired).

a tres bientot mon ami.

marc

(ps: have a us keyboard layout and too lazy to either install other languages or search the ASCII code for proper french - sorry)