A few queries before buying

Hello All,

My first post on here. First up congratulations to AivlaSoft on making available comprehensive documentation to download – perfect for someone like me who likes to do some research before buying. Will be doing that late this coming week.

I have just a couple of queries though which maybe someone can help me please ?

I have a desktop running FSX on W10 plus a new laptop running W10 - both have plenty of grunt. I want to run FSX and EFB Server on the desktop with EFB Client on the Laptop. Networked through a router – all located within a couple of metres of each other.  Has anyone experienced any EFB networking issues with this sort of setup with W10 ? Plus any advice and comment please.

Just one other question. The documentation says that FSUIPC must be installed on both Server and Client. Given that the Client will not be running FSX, at what stage do I do the FSUIPC install – and will the install work without finding FSX ? I suspect I may have misunderstood something somewhere but can anyone clarify this please ?

That’s all for now but I suspect when I am up and running I will have lots more to post !

Thanks,

Mike Ody

Edit: Moved to proper Forum by Admin

Hi Mike,

I will try to answer your questions from the point of view of the manufacturer.

4 hours ago, MikeOdy said:

I have a desktop running FSX on W10 plus a new laptop running W10 - both have plenty of grunt. I want to run FSX and EFB Server on the desktop with EFB Client on the Laptop. Networked through a router – all located within a couple of metres of each other.  Has anyone experienced any EFB networking issues with this sort of setup with W10 ? Plus any advice and comment please.

Basically this is possible. EFB is designed to work in a LAN environment. Of course, and as always, only a test installation will finally answer whether it works in your environment with the plethora of individual network settings and configuration possibilities. I suggest to try the 30-day trial license, which allows you to test the fully functional software. There is no limitation compared to a purchased license except that the test license is only valid for the 30 days.

4 hours ago, MikeOdy said:

Just one other question. The documentation says that FSUIPC must be installed on both Server and Client. Given that the Client will not be running FSX, at what stage do I do the FSUIPC install – and will the install work without finding FSX ? I suspect I may have misunderstood something somewhere but can anyone clarify this please ?

The documentation does NOT say that FSUIPC must be installed on BOTH Server and Client. It must only be installed on the Servers computer, but not on each Client computer. FSUIPC is the interface to the simulator and therefore it is only required on the Servers computer. EFB Server always has to be installed on the computer where the simulator is installed. An EFB Client can be installed on the same computer as the Server, but it has not to be. Any Client can be installed on a separate computer within the same logical network.  The communication between the EFB Server and its Clients is done without any third-party-software, just Windows TCP stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

@MikeOdy, I've been running EFB v1 and v2 for years on a network. It runs perfectly. The only thing you need to be aware of is the recommended minimum resolution for the Client software. I don't recall it but a 1920*1080 screen should be okay. The higher resolution and bigger the screen the better it looks.