EFB2 does not show all stands at (add-on) airports

Hi Aivlasoft Team,

I'm aware this issue can be very specific to my environment. Any hints to solve or better troubleshoot are much appreciated. 

If you need any more files or logs, please let me know. 

Thanks

Frank

ISSUE:

EFB2 does no show all stands at airports any more. 

Best example is my EDDS Add-On Airport. See screenshots: MSFS layout, Little Navmp layout, EFB layout:

image.thumb.png.4b62606fe79007c67238c9545f9a18a3.png

MSFS 2020

image.thumb.png.cfece57f9eb20dab261e63c988091ff6.png

Update - Little Navmap also misses the stands after a scenery update :(

I included the Little Navmap screenshot as it also reads airport data from the sim as far as I know. Might help in troubleshotting.

Update 2: Seems only stands included in navdata are included but not stands from Add-Ons. Removed my EDDS Add-On while keeping Navigraph data and it only showed the runway in MSFS and no stands. This is the same as EFB shows. Installing the Add-On again and MSFS shows all stands again (after a restart). 

Edit: Screenshot from 3rd party apps deleted by Admin for legal reasons

Troubleshooting attempts:

I have update Navigraph data for EFB and also for the Sim.

I have rebuild the database from scratch - logfiles attached. 

Server log also attached.

Haven't found the issue at default airports - but only checked a few.

Same issue for EDDM - some stands but fewer than the sim.

Same issue for EDDH - some stands but fewer than the sim.

Simulator type

MSFS2020 1.14.5

EFB v2 Server and Client Build #

EFB v2 setup: networked or single machine

Single

EFB v2 setup: default or custom path

custom

Using licensed or free trial version

licensed

If the issue is related to database or procedures: - Navdata provider and cycle number

Navigraph

If the issue is related to a certain airport: - ICAO code.

EDDS (payed add-on), EDDM (payed add-on), 

If it's an add-on airport, then the publisher/developer of the add-on airport

EDDS - Justsim, EDDM - Aerosoft, EDDH - Justsim

Steps to reproduce the behavior

Unclear

runwayMappings_MSFS-NG.txt dbBuilderLogfile.txt serverLogfile.txt airportFiles_MSFS.zip

First thing is to check which airport BGL is loaded. My EDDM (Simwings) shows exactly the stands as depicted in the MSFS ground layout. Please also note that in your screenshot of EFB's EDDM ground map the taxiways have wrong indicatirs, hence the correct BGL (EDDMAirport.bgl) from the Simwings installations is not loaded. There must be a priority issue in your installation.

See the Airport Information Overview Tab:

EDDM_01.png.2858486c61b64baa04302c5a7dd18cae.png

Yes, content.xml can be very helpful to solve priority issues.

I have moved the following lines to the top of the file:

<Content>
    <Package name="fs-base" active="true"/>
    <Package name="fs-base-nav" active="false"/>
    <Package name="navigraph-navdata" active="true"/>

47 minutes ago, lonewulf47 said:

<Content>
    <Package name="fs-base" active="true"/>
    <Package name="fs-base-nav" active="false"/>
    <Package name="navigraph-navdata" active="true"/>

Will try that. 

This is exhausting - starting MSFS, building db, shutting down, make change, starting MSFS.... ;)

I de-installed navigraph data from MSFS for now - the issue is there even without it. 

What does this mean in the dbBuilder log?

2021-03-17 13:44:20.129   Debug   : d:\games\msfs2020\official\onestore\aerosoft-airport-eddm-munich\cgl   !! Skipped !! (Exclude definition)
2021-03-17 13:44:20.133   Debug   : d:\games\msfs2020\official\onestore\aerosoft-airport-eddm-munich\contentinfo   !! Skipped !! (Exclude definition)
2021-03-17 13:44:20.137   Debug   : d:\games\msfs2020\official\onestore\aerosoft-airport-eddm-munich\scenery\simwings\eddm\texture   !! Skipped !! (Exclude definition)
2021-03-17 13:44:20.143   Debug   : d:\games\msfs2020\official\onestore\aerosoft-airport-eddm-munich\simobjects\landmarks\eddm_jetway\texture   !! Skipped !! (Exclude definition)
2021-03-17 13:44:20.148   Debug   : d:\games\msfs2020\official\onestore\aerosoft-airport-eddm-munich\simobjects\misc\eddm_simobjects\texture   !! Skipped !! (Exclude definition)

Why is it skipped and excluded? Should this be like this?

Also - my AddOn airports are not in the Community folder but in the Official folder as the are but in the sim. Would that make a difference?

EFB is not even finding the files:

127824516_Screenshot2021-03-17163205.png.c5077f20e5bf1c68986d5e244882d184.png

Strange.

I will try another content.xml order now....

Hmm ... why do you have Aerosoft's EDDM installed in the \official\onestore path? I thought you are talking about SimWings EDDM? In my installation this one is installed into the \community path as "simwings-eddm"

Edit: I guess you installed it through MSFS Marketplace? This could be the explanation. Neverhteless we need to find out why it is not recognized by EFB.

5 minutes ago, lonewulf47 said:

Hmm ... why do you have Aerosoft's EDDM installed in the \official\onestore path? I thought you are talking about SimWings EDDM? In my installation this one is installed into the \community path as "simwings-eddm"

I have stated that in my first post :) - it is the payware airport for EDDM. It is installed by the sim itself when bought ingame.

I have the feeling that airports installed in "Official" are not read by your dbBuilder.

In my latest test I have removed everything from the Community folder (really everything - it's empty) and deleted the Content.xml.

When starting up MSFS it rebuilds the Content.xml like the attached file.

I have then rebuild the EFB db from scratch (new db). Logfiles attached.

Same result - MSFS shows all stands and has the EDDS airport.

EFB does not have all stands for EDDM and does not even see EDDS (EDDS is not in the original MSFS data - comes with add-on (payed or free) or with Navigraph)

image.thumb.png.0cba27f67fafa2e0750b27273d74982e.png

image.png.ed2a4dad1cdc3e726183905c058472b7.png

image.png.5c68590d496a5be8e57ce55ba781f81a.png

Content.xml Logfiles.zip

Yes, I see about the installation. We need to investigate why the airports (not only EDDM but also all AddOns) are not included in the "airportFiles_MSFS.txt" file. This is very strange as I have all (including all airports in the \Official\Onestore path) available in this list. Hang on, we need to look at it thoroughly.

In your dbBuilder  logfile I see:

2021-03-17 17:26:43.658   Debug   : d:\games\msfs2020\community\aerosoft-airport-eddm-munich\cgl   !! Skipped !! (Exclude definition)
2021-03-17 17:26:43.662   Debug   : d:\games\msfs2020\community\aerosoft-airport-eddm-munich\contentinfo   !! Skipped !! (Exclude definition)
2021-03-17 17:26:43.668   Debug   : d:\games\msfs2020\community\aerosoft-airport-eddm-munich\scenery\simwings\eddm\texture   !! Skipped !! (Exclude definition)
2021-03-17 17:26:43.675   Debug   : d:\games\msfs2020\community\aerosoft-airport-eddm-munich\simobjects\landmarks\eddm_jetway\texture   !! Skipped !! (Exclude definition)
2021-03-17 17:26:43.680   Debug   : d:\games\msfs2020\community\aerosoft-airport-eddm-munich\simobjects\misc\eddm_simobjects\texture   !! Skipped !! (Exclude definition)

=> so it sees the files in any case.

But as you said in airportFiles_MSFS.txt I can only find this:

EDDM D:\Games\MSFS2020\official\onestore\fs-base\scenery\0601\APX51140.bgl (#0) Base
     D:\Games\MSFS2020\official\onestore\fs-base-nav\scenery\0601\NAX51140.bgl (#max) Base

12 minutes ago, lonewulf47 said:

Can you do a quick look into this folder: "d:\games\msfs2020\community\aerosoft-airport-eddm-munich\scenery\simwings\eddm\" and tell me, what files are in there?

My path would be:

D:\Games\MSFS2020\Official\OneStore\aerosoft-airport-eddm-munich\scenery\simwings\EDDM\...

Yes: One folder (TEXTURE) with 900 files.

Screenshot 2021-03-17 182930.png

20 minutes ago, lonewulf47 said:

No, not the \texture folder. Aren't there other files in the mentioned path? E.g. mine looks like this:

EDDM_02.png.c6b0b2ee0e7e1defe315e7a8563bd685.png

In case there are no other files, could you trawl through the whole EDDM package to find those files - specifically the EDDMAirport.bgl?

Nope - otherwise empty. 

These seem important :) 

I also looked into other folders: EDDS - same also empty.  EDDH as well ... several others are empty. 

image.png.1442efeb72efb0701ef5a4644c1deb2f.png

The airports I have in my community (ORBX ESGG, gatwick) have *.BGL files.

Ok, I take it that there are no suppressed files in your Explorer. its getting more and more weird. the BGL I mentioned (EDDMAirport.bg) e.g. contains the airport layout... So without this no airport ground map can be drawn. Are there ANY BGL's in the whole "aerosoft-airport-eddm-munich" package? For the moment I'm absolutely clueless. I have no Idea as to why there are no BGLs in this part of the package.

Just one more desperate proposal: Do you run the DbBuilder as Admin?

Frank,

Now after several trials and queries one inportant issue is determined. Unfortunately there is no direct solution to this problem. Many (if not most) installations through Marketplace use data enctryption for copy-protection. This means that no "common" BGLs are used, but all relevant BGLs are packed into one encrypted file. This file is usually named "bgl.fsarchive". As this encryption is computer-specific, there is no chance at all for EFB (nor for anyone else outside your computer) to read it.

The point that is still puzzling me, is that all other airports using "common" BGLs (also many of the asobo airports) do not show up in the "airportFiles_MSFS.txt" of your installation. The reason for that is completely unknown to me as in (both) my installations they show up normally and the Ground Maps are properly depicted.

Sorry, that I don't have a solution for the first part, but with data-encryption there is no chance to decrypt data for Ground Mapping.

Hi Oskar,

I was afraid that something like this would be the cause. Copy protection by encryption is understandable but unfortunate in this case. That mean that EFB cannot map any airport which are bought through the store, right?

I have found that the airports I have in the Community folder are in fact in the airportFiles_MSFS.txt:

EGKK D:\Games\MSFS2020\official\onestore\fs-base\scenery\0501\APX47130.bgl (#0) Base
     D:\Games\MSFS2020\community\gatwick\scenery\world\scenery\GatwickSCN.bgl (#2) Part
     D:\Games\MSFS2020\official\onestore\fs-base-nav\scenery\0501\NAX47130.bgl (#max) Base

ESGG D:\Games\MSFS2020\official\onestore\fs-base\scenery\0601\APX51110.bgl (#0) Base
     D:\Games\MSFS2020\community\orbx-airport-esgg-gothenburg\scenery\world\scenery\esgg-airport.bgl (#2) Part
     D:\Games\MSFS2020\official\onestore\fs-base-nav\scenery\0601\NAX51110.bgl (#max) Base

LIMJ D:\Games\MSFS2020\official\onestore\fs-base\scenery\0602\APX50160.bgl (#0) Base
     D:\Games\MSFS2020\community\quelcertoleo-limj-genova\scenery\global\scenery\quelcertoleo-limj-scenery.bgl (#2) Base
     D:\Games\MSFS2020\official\onestore\fs-base-nav\scenery\0602\NAX50160.bgl (#max) Base

EDDB D:\Games\MSFS2020\official\onestore\fs-base\scenery\0601\APX51130.bgl (#0) Base
     D:\Games\MSFS2020\community\flyberlin-scenery-simple\scenery\objects.bgl (#2) COM, and more
     D:\Games\MSFS2020\official\onestore\fs-base-nav\scenery\0601\NAX51130.bgl (#max) Base

As long as the default airports have most stands this is not to bad. But for airports like EDDS where there isn't a default at all it means there are no stands or taxiways in EFB. 

At least now I know the issue - cost me hours today. Thanks for all your effort! I love your software and will keep using it anyway :)

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/18/2021 at 3:47 AM, lonewulf47 said:

Thanks for info. I'll keep you informed.

Hi Oskar,

I don't want to hijack this post from Frank, but I was wondering if you'd investigated this issue any further? I am having the same problem as the op Frank, and am frustrated at purchasing the same airport. I'd only wish I'd seen this post beforehand 😏

Have you managed to find any workaround to this issue?

Anyway, in the mean time, I've put a request in through zendesk, to see if a simple airport BGL file couldn't be included with the airport packages they sell through the marketplace. I'm assuming this is all that would be needed to make it right.

Kind Regards

Nigel

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, CharlieGoulding said:

Is there a fix for this, it is going to be pretty limiting moving forward with EFB and MSFS as more and more content is released?

Hi Charlie,

As far as the encrypted layout files are concerned, there is no solution possible and will never be. That's the culprit with individual encryption. For all other cases we will introduce a possibility to create a ground layout BGL (by any official means, e.g. ADE20 or similar), rename it to *.MFS and put it into the AFCAD path of the Server. This will allow EFB2 to render such a ground layout with highest priority. See Manual 4, Chapter 2.7 EFB specific "AFCAD" files. The ending *.MFS will enable EFB to distinguish between FSXP3D files and MSFS files. The next update is due to be released within short time. We had to introduce recognition of the new data format used by IVAO (similar to VATSIM).

Users are then highly welcome to provide airport layouts and publish it though our website.