Runway not showing

apomet

Hello,

I am new to EFB 2.2 with a demo license. I am using MSFS 2020 latest version.

I am using LGTS airport which in MSFS 2020 has one runway (16/34).

Recently I downloaded an updated LGTS airport that contains new runway 10/28.

I put it inside community folder and it shows in MSFS.

I rebuilt the database but it does not show in EFB.

From airport info I see that MSFS reads the new bgl. I uploaded a pic and the bgl.

Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you

Apostolos

Image4.jpg

LGTS1.bgl

Hi Apostolos,

Yes, that's an interesting case. Can you guide me to the Add-On you are using for LGTS? I'll have a look at it Intererstingly the LGTS1.BGL also contains only ONE RWY, but that's 10/28. See below the decoded part of the LGTS1.BGL:

Record type: 0x0056 MFS Airport
        ICAO: LGTS, Lat/Lng 40.52539, 22.97270, MagVar 0.0, Elev 5ft
        Runways: 1
        RW10/28  Length:3171m  Width:54m
        10: HDG 103.8°T  ILS Ident '-'  RW-Begin:40.52369, 22.94950  RW-End:40.51691, 22.98594  
        28: HDG 283.8°T  ILS Ident '-'  RW-Begin:40.51691, 22.98594  RW-End:40.52369, 22.94950

I have an idea on what is happening here. My guess is that the Add-On BGL only contains the additional RWY 10/28. While MSFS obviously can handle more than one BGL for the same airport, EFB can't. So it is depicting the default airport with the RWY 16/34, as this has a higher priority than the Add-On. If I can have a look at this Add-On, I will see more. EFB normally needs ONE BGL with the complete airport layout, as it is used under normal conditions.Well see what can be done here.

Edit: in the meantime I have found the Freeware Add-On for LGTS.

Thank you for the link.

It is a very seldom situation where the add-on does not define a so called 'Delete Section' and also does only provide one additional runway instead of a complete runway layout with two runways. This means that this additional runway should be added to the base layout. Such is currently not possible with EFB.  I have now changed the code to allow adding runways to an already existing layout. This will be available with next update.

Probably it was made by someone not very experienced in MSFS 2020 scenery.

Nevertheless it is a very nice scenery.

Thank you for your immediate response.

I am very happy with EFB and most likely I will purchase it after the demo expiration.

Thank you for your support.