scenery vs EFB

RonnieDuck

Hello captains

I am a huge fan of this EFB and have been using it for years!

I use a server and client mode and it is working fine.

Recently Iinstalled some scenery airport and all good except the positioning.

Can you maybe help me?

I have some foto's .

The airport is WAEE

When I land it looks oke:

image5.jpeg.d17fbaf39f91df4baa7e26a68e54d409.jpeg

But when I check my EFB2:

image2.jpeg.8dedb8ecb8e7acfbf1b1e71de9012cf8.jpeg

If I fly to the RWY shown in EFB2;

image1.jpeg.0526f879ef6772d585ce996cf7d436b2.jpeg

It looks like:

image0.jpeg.7472aecae61712ef594af2221386ed22.jpeg

But when I start up via the menu at WAEE;

image4.jpeg.3f1a1fa3800a0dc425e4c8db9d6d89aa.jpeg

Than I am placed correct. Any tricks?

regards Ronald van Ingen

Hi Ronald,

It would be extremely helpful if you could follow the Forum Rules, especially item 3), and give all details about the Simulator in use. Nevertheless to me it looks like an ICAO Code mismatch. The airport you initially landed (according EFB off RWY) shows the ICAO code WAMT, whereas the airport You show upon startup shows as WAEE. You can also clearly see that those two airports do not show up identical in EFB. While WAEE shows a tarmac layout, WAMT does not.

Please provide some more details about the airport.

Hello Lonewulf. Thanks for the very fast reaction. I searched for misplaced airports but couldn't find anything that looked like this problem.

WAMT and WAEE are the same airport. The ICAO code changed during time.

My fs is P3d4.5. WAEE is the add-on  WAMT is default. Not sure if WAEE or WAMT is the oldest ICAO code.

regards Ronald

According to this list WAMT does not exist anymore. Comparing the coordinates in several publications indeed both airports share the same location for the ARP. Two airports at the same location wiht different ICAO codes is simply not possible in EFB. Could you point me to the download of WAEE AddOn? I could have a look at the problem and try to find a solution. Funny enough in my P3D V4.5 installation WAMT does NOT exist, but only WAEE !!  A short check with P3DV5.1 also shows WAEE, however with a slightly different RWY location. According to the coordinates the position of the P3DV5.1 default RWY is correct while the P3DV4.5 RWY is slightly misplaced. I fail to understand why your P3DV4.5 does not have WAEE in the default database.

Whyever WAMT is the default airport my idea is to change its ICAO to WAEE so the addon WAEE replaces the default one successfully. Because of the same code.

Changing a default airport code can be done easily with Airport Inspector and Editor (AIE).

The path to the default bgl is

...Prepar3D v4\Scenery\1003\scenery\APX81310.bgl

BTW: even in FSX it is WAEE by default. In FS2004 WAMT

Regards

Stefan