How to add missing airport to EFBv2

Jason

Hi,

I was looking at the manual which said about using the Add Airport section on the server or client cant think which one it was, to add a missing airport.

I couldn't work out how to do it? I've looked to see if can find anymore in-depth instructions but cant find anything in forum or manuals.

Could I ask for some instructions that I'll understand, am sorry to ask but it was for airport SBSG.

Thanks

Jason

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Hi,

I was looking at the manual which said about using the Add Airport section on the server or client cant think which one it was, to add a missing airport.

I couldn't work out how to do it? I've looked to see if can find anymore in-depth instructions but cant find anything in forum or manuals.

Could I ask for some instructions that I'll understand, am sorry to ask but it was for airport SBSG.

Thanks

Jason

Hi Jason,

It would be extremely helpful if you could stick to item 3) of our Forum Rules and provide a bit more information. Generally speaking, you do not add airports to EFB, you add it to the Simulator in use. EFB then reads the airports from the Simulator.

Hi Oskar,

Apologies for this. 

I've noticed SBSG isn't showing in EFB, but you have made me wonder if it's not in the simulator from your above response (P3Dv4).

I'll check the Simulator and see if it's in there first? I'll post an update tomorrow. 

So if it's not in the Simulator then I would need to find AFCAD / Scenery for the Airport to enable EFB to read it and then it would show?

Thanks

Jason

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

Hi Oskar,

Apologies for this. 

I've noticed SBSG isn't showing in EFB, but you have made me wonder if it's not in the simulator from your above response (P3Dv4).

I'll check the Simulator and see if it's in there first? I'll post an update tomorrow. 

So if it's not in the Simulator then I would need to find AFCAD / Scenery for the Airport to enable EFB to read it and then it would show?

Thanks

Jason

Hi Jason,

Correct. I just rechecked on my P3DV4 installation and indeed, SBSG Natal is not included in the default scenery, only in P3DV5. You would require a basic installation with at least an AFCAD BGL for P3DV4 and then run the DbBuilder to include it into your P3DV4 database.

Oskar,

Thank you for checking, I'll look on Avsim and see if I can find one.

Regarding the DbBuilder I thought you can add and update things on there? This was from what I read in the manual, unless I've got confused?

Thanks

Jason

47 minutes ago, Jason said:

Oskar,

Thank you for checking, I'll look on Avsim and see if I can find one.

Regarding the DbBuilder I thought you can add and update things on there? This was from what I read in the manual, unless I've got confused?

Thanks

Jason

Yes, as the name suggests, the DbBuilder is the ultimate tool for building new databases, adding airports to databases, adding new AIRAC cycles etc. It's definitely worth to read the manual about its handling.

6 hours ago, Jason said:

Can you suggest which is the best manual to read with regards learning more about adding things to the DbBuilder.

Thanks for your help.

Jason

Jason,

Basically it's not about adding a Scenery to EFB, but adding a Scenery to your simulator. After having added a scenery to the simulator, re-running the DbBuilder Tab "Update Simulator", the new scenery is automatically added to the Database. See manual "4 Database".