No flight plan in X-Plane 11 FMS Data folder

Roberth7

I read every possible thread I could find relating to this  but still unable to have the EFB V2 provide the .fms X-Plane format flight plan in the ".../Output/FMS Data" folder.

I have the necessary option selected in the aircraft profile but still no plan.

Is there another step I must to take to have the file created? (Thank you in advance.)

Not sure what you are looking for. Whenever a Flight Plan is imported into EFB2 (from any Flight Plan creator like SimBrief or similar), a file "EFB_current_gps.fms" will be created in the mentioned folder, which holds the actual Flight Plan of EFB2. This file needs to be manually imported into the default GPS from X-Plane, as unfortunately X-Plane offers no possibility to do this automatically like in FSX/P3D. Every change in EFB2 Flightplan also changes the "EFB_current_gps.fms" and thus needs to be re-imported into the default X-Plane GPS.

The respective option in the profile is also required in X-Plane for the abovementioned reason.

Thanks for getting back so quickly:

"a file "EFB_current_gps.fms" will be created in the mentioned folder, which holds the actual Flight Plan of EFB2."

That's the part that isn't happening. That file never appears in the FMS Data folder whether from a new flight plan or after any modifications.

A "small" picture gallery:

Open the required FlightPlan in EFB:

XPLANE_01.png.8d9655e7218c1dbd70a331088da2964f.png

Complete the FlightPlan in EFB with SID and STAR:

XPLANE_02.png.6c1752dfa1190335226680302796cac2.png

The FlighPlan is created in the \output\FMS Plan directory:

XPLANE_03.png.374c69ac90353e3ce64fa8b7fbf0e0e2.png

Load the Flightplan into the X-Plane default GPS:

XPLANE_04.png.4bc8bf505ff056a3a8a36842817fc27b.png

And here's the Flightplan loaded in X-Plane:

XPLANE_05.png.b76b7fdf485fd117f95cb726f28e03ae.png

Sorry, I can't see anything wrong with this procedure. Just confirm that you have set up the correct Installation Path for X-Plane in the DbBuilder:

XPLANE_6.png.49636af022091b54838a1f872a3b31c9.png

Ok, thanks for the tips.

I have done all that and still no file.

Oh well. I will keep plugging away and hope something works out.

Even without that function, the EFB is still a terrific product.

Thanks again for all your help.

btw, is there any way to turn off the splash screens? (The small white boxes that say things like 'loading database' etc etc.)

Great to hear that it works now. Thanks for reporting.

Just a few things to make troubleshooting easier in case something similar happens again:

You can easily check this function for proper work (for X-Plane) if you do the following:

- start EFB server

- make sure the database for X-Plane is loaded (if not use the "change" Button to select the proper database

- start EFB Client

- after both are running, check in the Client that the selected Profile has the "forward flight plan to default GPS" function enabled (see above)

- load a flight plan into EFB

At the moment of loading the flight plan into EFB, the "EFB_current_gp.fms" will appear in the \Output\FMS Plans folder, but only if the correct database is loaded and the selected profile has the forwarding function enabled.

The spash screen for the Server is hardcoded and cannot be turned off. The splash screen for the Client can be cleared by clicking hide in the right opper corner.