DBuilder STILL doesn't work!!!!

MyronK

Hey everyone, I have been searching for the answer to my question for some time now and I am getting really frustrated. 🙁 I have the BOXED version of MSFS 2020 and  I have FOUND the folder I think I am suppose to direct the DB builder to but for some reason I can't click "next" 

My path is as follows: C:\Users\Myron ????\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

as this is where the Usercfg.opt is but nothing seems to work. I have tried running this as Admin but to no aval.

As you can see in the screen shot, I can't click "next"

I was considering buying this program but if can't use the trial/demo 

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks, Myron

Screenshot (6).png

Screenshot (8).png

Thanks for any ones advice!!!!! :-)

Hi Myron,

As long as the path window is yellow, the path is wrong. How did you enter the path? Just as a hint: in your text you mention the path being " C:\Users\Myron ????\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache", however when looking at the text in the path window, it is obviously not identical. In your text you have 4 question marks "?", in the path window there are 5. You should not enter the path manually, but select it though the selection window "..." button.

If the text in the selection window has a white background, then it is recognized to be valid, otherwise (if the background is yellow) it is NOT valid.

The question marks represent my last name. And I entered the path using the window mode ( box to the left with the 3 dots)

The question is where my last name goes.

"C:\Users\MyronKropp\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache",

I have done everything I can think of possible with out any success. Running the DbBuilder as an Admin etc..

What folder/folders, file/files does this DbBuilder have to be pointing to?

P.S. thanks Oskar for getting back

Thanks

Myron K

Hi Myron,

as long as you manually change the path (replacing your family name with question marks) the text box will appear with yellow background because this path obviously doesn't exist.

Basically the DbBuilder is trying to find the proper path by reading the file "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\UserCfg.opt". Can you please check whether this file is available in this folder? Thanks.

If this file is available, you can just clear the text box, then once select any of the other simulators, then select MSFS again and select "boxed version" again. This will force the DbBuilder to read the "UserCfg.opt" file and will preset the text box with the proper installation path found in this file.

If this doesn't help, try the following:

- Quit DbBuilder

- Locate the Server's settings file: "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Server\Settings\serverSettings.txt"

- Open this file using any text editor like "Notepad.exe"

- Scroll down to the simulator  [SimulatorMsfs]

- Set the line "InstallationFolder = xxxxx"  to just "InstallationFolder = " 

- Save the file

- Start DbBuilder and check whether the proper path will be preset now

I tried that to no avail. As you can see in the screen shot, when I 1st start the DbBuilder and select MSFS (Boxed version) this is what I get. Then I try to navigate to the folders accordingly and it still stays yellow. So from what your saying is that its the wrong path, but it is not and I know its correct because in the screen shot I posted prior, you can see the Usercfg.opt file is there. I honestly don't get this, this is weird!

I did what you said to Urs as you previously post and when I looked under [SimulatorMsfs] in the EFB2 server text file all there was was "InstallationFolder ="

nothing behind it to delete.

Thanks

Myron K

Screenshot (9).png

Ok, seems to be a small misunderstanding. You obviously know where the "Usercfg.opt" file is. Go to this file and open it with a text editor. Then look at the bottom line. There should be an entry InstalledPackagesPath "xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" What does it say between the " "? This path is actually the one that you should see in the above screenshot as your installation path.

Edit: just for our information: have you applied the latest update with timestamp 2020-11-04 10:48? If not, just download the latest installers and run it over the existing installation. No harm is done if applied more than once.

I checked it and the Usercfg.opt file had "C:\Users\Myron Kropp\AppData\Local\Packages\"  so I deleted it ( between the " " marks) and tried to navigate to the folder where there Usercfg.opt file is and it still doesn't work. It is STILL yellow and won't let me click next. I have "run the program as admin" ,installed the latest update (3 times now) still NOTHING!!

Myron

2 hours ago, MyronK said:

so I deleted it ( between the " " marks) and tried to navigate to the folder where there Usercfg.opt file is

There is nothing that you need to delete. Just have a look into the folder "C:\Users\Myron Kropp\AppData\Local\Packages\" and check whether there are the main packages folders \Community and \Official. Those are the folders which EFB is looking for. Can you please check whether toose two subfolders are present in the above path?

According to our information for the boxed version these folders should be located:  "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\MSFSPackages\" unless you selected you owh installation path.