Could not read database sue to errors. Please see logfile.

Shayaan Ahmed

Hello. I am having probelms with my EFB Server v2 (Build #119). Today I updated my navdata from Airrac 2011 to 2012 and rebeuilt the database for both my sims (i.e X-Plane 11 & P3Dv5) however which ever database I choose I get 'Could not read database sue to errors. Please see logfile.' Any idea why? Thanks in advance.

57 minutes ago, Shayaan Ahmed said:

Hello. I am having probelms with my EFB Server v2 (Build #119). Today I updated my navdata from Airrac 2011 to 2012 and rebeuilt the database for both my sims (i.e X-Plane 11 & P3Dv5) however which ever database I choose I get 'Could not read database sue to errors. Please see logfile.' Any idea why? Thanks in advance.

Well, it's quite simple. If the error message reads: "See logfile" then it means that the Logfile could eventually have logged some information on the problem. Without Logfiles we are not able to see anything. So, as a conclusion: Please submit the full set of Support Files. We will then possibly be able to find out what happened. OTOH it must also be said that it is very unusual that all of a sudden the AIRAC Update poses a problem which obviously was not the case in the previous updates. I run the regular AIRAC updates for many years now and never had a problem.

5 minutes ago, lonewulf47 said:

Well, it's quite simple. If the error message reads: "See logfile" then it means that the Logfile could eventually have logged some information on the problem. Without Logfiles we are not able to see anything. So, as a conclusion: Please submit the full set of Support Files. We will then possibly be able to find out what happened. OTOH it must also be said that it is very unusual that all of a sudden the AIRAC Update poses a problem which obviously was not the case in the previous updates. I run the regular AIRAC updates for many years now and never had a problem.

Thanks for the reply. I have attached the most recent log. I have also took a screenshot of my DbBuilder Ready as I believe a few things are missing from here for some reason.serverLogfile-5.txt

Screenshot 2020-11-05 175755.jpg

Hello ??? (according to the forum rules, please sign your posts with your real first name. Thanks)

It seems to me that you are mistakenly running the function "Create new database" instead of just running the "Update Simulator" or "Update Navdata" function.

"Create new database" must only be selected, if NO database is available at all for a certain simulator. As soon as a first database is available, just use the "Update" functions. If something changed with your simulator (adding/removing scenery) then use the "Update Simulator" function. If you have downloaded a new AIRAC-cycle, just use the "Update Navdata" function. The DbBuilder is doing the rest. For more details please see and carefully read the manual "4 EN Database.pdf".

To recover a proper system I suggest to do the following steps:

1) Quit DbBuilder if running

2) Locate the following folder using Windows Explorer:

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Server\DbBuilder\Base

3) Delete all folders in this folder, but not the files!

4) Locate the following folder using Windows Explorer:

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Server\DbBuilder\Ready

5) Delete all folders and files in this folder

6) Start DbBuilder and create the required databases for P3Dv5 and X-Plane, using the function "Create new database"

For future updates required due to new AIRAC cycles just use the "Update Navdata" function.

1 hour ago, aivlasoft said:

Hello ??? (according to the forum rules, please sign your posts with your real first name. Thanks)

It seems to me that you are mistakenly running the function "Create new database" instead of just running the "Update Simulator" or "Update Navdata" function.

"Create new database" must only be selected, if NO database is available at all for a certain simulator. As soon as a first database is available, just use the "Update" functions. If something changed with your simulator (adding/removing scenery) then use the "Update Simulator" function. If you have downloaded a new AIRAC-cycle, just use the "Update Navdata" function. The DbBuilder is doing the rest. For more details please see and carefully read the manual "4 EN Database.pdf".

To recover a proper system I suggest to do the following steps:

1) Quit DbBuilder if running

2) Locate the following folder using Windows Explorer:

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Server\DbBuilder\Base

3) Delete all folders in this folder, but not the files!

4) Locate the following folder using Windows Explorer:

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Server\DbBuilder\Ready

5) Delete all folders and files in this folder

6) Start DbBuilder and create the required databases for P3Dv5 and X-Plane, using the function "Create new database"

For future updates required due to new AIRAC cycles just use the "Update Navdata" function.

Thank you very much. It seems to be all ok. Also this is my real name (Shayaan Ahmed), I am not sure you would think otherwise...