Updated program but now Display Unit Will Not Connect

EFB is probably the best sim addition I have ever purchased. Unfortunately though I have struggled for hours to get it configured. It was working flawlessly before the service pack update (Which may have nothing to do with the problem). Now thre display unit which is on my home network goes through the "initializing" stages but the "Connecting" stage never completes. A green light in the lower left corner is on with "Loading..."

I have checked and rechecked folder locations, permissions, tested transfer of files across the network, etc but cannot get EFB to function.

Both PCs are Win7 Ultimate 64 bits with all updates. FSX is Acceleration version which included all SP updates.

I have read all the other posts re. this problem and checked everything I could.

Only thing not tried yet is a complete reinstall on both PC. Btw...on the remote PC I have only the Display Unit.

Any help getting things up and running appreciated.

Neal Howard

Please pardon my delay in providing more information but spare time has been hard to find these past few days. I will complete and return the questionaire tomorrow if possible.

I know now that the problem is definitely a firewall/network problem. Even f I disable windows firewall it turns itself back on after a reboot. Yesterday EFB worked flawlessly. Booted the display pc today and it could not connect EFB. I went through EVERY procedure I could find to give permissions, etc.

After an hour of this I was ready to give up so I closed both the provider and display, brought up Radar Contact and started on the Fresno ramp. Dunno why but I activated the Data provider and client......EFB WORKED!!!!!!!! And I haven't the slightest idea what the magic formula is.

What I REALLY want: TOTAL and COMPLETE access between the PCs in my Workgroup then these problems would never exist. So why can't Windows let me do that?

Tomorrow I will try again to use EFB. In the meantime I have left the Display PC running.

I REALLY like this EFB otherwise I would have surrendered several days ago.

Regards to all and wish me luck

Neal H

Hi Neal,

Stick with it and things will get better!

I don't think you need to turn off Windows Firewall.. just adding program exceptions for the Display Unit and the Data Provider (on all PCs) should be enough there. Then too, any other firewalls you have have, plus TCP permissions on any router that you use.

Regards,