Chart Question

As a new user of EFB I am just curious to know how the charts are produced.

I assume its information from Navigraph, what sort of information does EFB extract from the Airac to draw the chart ?

Glen

Glen,

Generally if you can see it (airports) or you or your aircraft can hear it (frequencies) it comes from FSX, all other navigation data comes from Navigraph. AivlaSoft EFB uses active BGL / Scenery data to build general airport data, as well as for runways, parking, and navaids. From Navigraph, EFB uses procedures (SIDs, STARs, and Approaches) and airway data.

There is a base list of transition altitude data that is updated on each Navigraph cycle. (These values are also used by a couple of other flight-sim add-ons.)

I can't help but think that I'm forgetting something :?: ... but those are the basics.

Regards,

Travis,

Many thanks for your answer.

EFB certainly does a good job of interpreting the data and drawing the charts. I have noticed on a few arrival procedures in the UK, Altitude restrictions on the EFB chart but not in the official NATS chart. So I assume this would be contained within the Navigraph Airac and EFB just produces these altitude restrictions from there.

Again in the UK charts, the Arrival Procedure turns appear to only show those for the larger Cat C and D aircraft, at the moment I'm flying the RealAir Duke Turbine version and need to use the 'tighter' Cat A, B procedure turns - is this possible with EFB.

Glen