FSX Absturz

Hallo,

my FSx has crashed right now (W7 64 Prof, AccPack)

Because in the error log is often "Aivlasoft" I think you ar einterested in:

Informationen über das Aufrufen von JIT-Debuggen
anstelle dieses Dialogfelds finden Sie am Ende dieser Meldung.

************** Ausnahmetext **************
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0xC000014B): Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0xC000014B
  bei System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
  bei Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.SimConnect.ReceiveDispatch(SignalProcDelegate pfcnSignal)
  bei Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.SimConnect.ReceiveMessage()
  bei at.a(Message& A_0)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
  bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
----------------------------------------

Could you imagine what happend here?

(EFB was running of course)

guenter

• 2 months later...

Hi Urs,

I get the same error but slightly different:

>> "bei ax.DefWndProc(Message& m)"

instead of Guenselis "at.a(Message ..." line.

Obviously I did something different ...

For me it happens ONLY when I open FSX's "add-ons" menu. Behaviour seems to be co-incidentally: it happens on ground, in flight, but I have only tested and experienced it with Level-D's 767 yet.

It's a real shame since it seems I can't use this excellent bird along with EFB

:-(

Pls let me know if you need any further tests to nail this issue down.

Thanks in advance

Torsten

Just fixed the issue - it wasn't EFB related at all.

Menu/rightclick problems are obviously pretty well known in the context of Win7/64 and FSX. There are many forums reporting an issue with uiautomationcore.dll, which is mentioned in the error message created by FSX when CTD. Reason seem to be FSX not working properly with 64-bit version of this DLL provided with Win7-64.

So I added a 32-bit-version of uiautomationcore.dll into my FSX directory (available in http://www.mediafire.com/?mik2mlqdz1w - it works only with this one for me) and I haven't experienced any issues yet. All menus work as expected.

btw: No DLL registration is required.

Rgds,

Torsten

Hello Procyon,

Would you please give me the exact path where to install the 32-bit-version of uiautomationcore.dll into the FSX directory ?

What about any conflict between the 2 versions 64 and 32 bit ?

As I understood you haven't experienced any issues yet, but would you please report all related issues (if any) ?

Merci

;););)

Hi OnTheAir,

exact path is your FSX path, ie. your FSX directory.

Regarding conflicts: FSx is gonna use this 32-bit version, rest of your apps will use the DLL registered in your registry and stored in system32.

Will report any issues - but I was in-flight always all weekend and had no probs so far.

Best

Torsten

Hi Torsten, alias Procyon

Thanks very much for the info related to "how to install uiautomationcore.dll 32 bit version in FSX directory" !

Just one more question : how can you make sure FSX is gonna use the 32-bit version instead of the current 64 bit version located in my Win 7 registry ?

I'm not very familiar with that kind of thing so I just want to know (doesn't mean understand....)

Merci beaucoup

:):):):)

>>Just one more question : how can you make sure FSX is gonna use the 32->>bit version instead of the current 64 bit version located in my Win 7 registry ?

by providing the dll-file next (same directory) to your fsx.exe file. FSX looks for this dll in it's execution directory first.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Torsten, it did help to answer my question. I feel a little bit less "ignorant"

I'm currently ready to install the brand-new ConcordeX I purchased and downloaded yesterday and if it's OK I'll install uiautomationcore.dll 32 bit version in my FSX directory

It's true I've got some FSX CTD while my mouse pointer is just passing over or choosing an item in any FSX menu. Those CTD don't occur randomly since I can reproduce them any time. I'm just expecting the uiautomationcore.dll 32 bit version solution might fix that kind of issue

Have a nice day

:):):)