No ILS available

Petermuc3

1 hour ago, Petermuc3 said:

Hi, since the latest Navigraph update I have problems with ILS at various airports.

2 Examples: LIPX ILS04 !No LOC available; EDDK ILS32R !LOC outdated

My FMS of the aircraft does offer the ILS approach, but does not establish on the LOC.

Maybe a Navigraph problem, I will also ask there.

Thanks Peter

dbBuilderLogfile.txt 31.67 kB · 0 downloads

Hi Peter,

No, this is - unfortunately - a pure FSX/P3D problem, where the ILS (as all other navaids) are defined in the respective BGL of either the Add-On or the Default scenery. I see both mentioned ILS showing up correctly on the default (updated by Hervé Sors' fantastic World Navaid Package) airports. Therefore it is not a ARINC database problem, but an Add-On problem. It might be necessary to update the respective Add-On's airport BGL. I must however state that I use NavDataPro. Nevertheless those data should be consistent beween the two main databases Jeppesen and LIDO.

BTW, if an ILS is reported outdated you can still use it as the BGL still provides an useable ILS beam. It is just not consistent with the current database. Remember: an ILS can only be tuned if it is provided by the airport's BGL! Unfortunately more and more ILS become outdated due to small changes in either frequency or ID, or both. There is nothing we can do about. It's this unfortunate layout of navaids within FSX/P3D. The best remedy to at least have all default airports/navaids updated it the mentioned free service: https://aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html For European Airspace also all ILS are updated.

30 minutes ago, Petermuc3 said:

Thanks Oskar, I used aero.sors already several times and it corrected some airports. Unfortunately not LIPX. Would I have to

edit the .bgl for LIPX? Never done that before.

Peter

Hi Peter,

Are you talking about a LIPX Add-On or Default? In default the APX50150 reflects the correct state. See below:

LIPX.png.e4eb26e8083049dde708e822d92a896c.png

If you're using an Add-On this of course replaces the default navaids and may need some editing. In case you are using RFSB's LIPX Verona Villafranca, you may navigate to the scenery path, set the original BGL "LIPX_ADEP4_ADE.bgl" to "LIPX_ADEP4_ADE.OFF" and copy the attached file into the scenery path as replacement. This should bring back the missing ILS. Don't forget to re-run the DbBuilder to read the new BGL into your database.

LIPX_ADEP4_ADE.bgl

Now I have the same problem with the recently installed Megaairport LSZH. Navigraph charts are correct, FSL Airbus FMS correct, can fly the ILS approach with no problem.

Also the groundchart does not show the correct layout. Of course I did run the db builder after installation.

Thanks Peter

I have ILS/LOC 14 and ILS/LOC 28 greyed out. I did run the db builder twice but noticed that there was no new database built.

I deleted the current db and built a new one, but still the same problem. I will check my scenery folders.

I reinstalled Aerosoft LSZH again outside of P3D to no success.

Peter

38 minutes ago, Petermuc3 said:

I have ILS/LOC 14 and ILS/LOC 28 greyed out. I did run the db builder twice but noticed that there was no new database built.

Peter,

How did you notice that? Why did the DbBuilder not build a new database? What version of LSZH did you install? Where was it installed?

You know, I have the very same airport installed and it shows up correctly. it is very difficult to find out what went wrong with your install without all necessary information. Please post the Server's Support file. We need at least some information to do any kind of troubleshooting. In any case I must presume that something went wrong with your installation, as here everyhing looks exactly the way it should. and I guess that we are (hopefully) using the same installer for version 1100 of Aerosoft's LSZH.

Well, this database was built on may 5th, 2020, at 18.58 hrs. It contains 2 warnings, because it couldn't find the paths for EDDK Cologne and LSZH Zurich because you created "private" installation paths using mutated vowels (Umlaute) like Köln, Zürich. As we are using an standard typeset for international use, mutated vowels must not be used. Standard installers do not use such letters either. I will check on the displayed Database Creation Date. There's maybe something missig due to the warnings.

I'm afraid you must reinstall EDDK and LSZH into paths witout mutated vowels and everything will run smooth again. Maybe you didn't even notice that EDDK' Ground  Layout was not displayed properly either. What you saw for LSZH was the default Ground Layout with two default ILS outdated.

Please note that if after Database Creation a warning is displayed, it should be corrected. That's what the Logfiles are for 🙂

9 minutes ago, Petermuc3 said:

Thanks a lot; can't I just rename the folders?

Peter

No, because the installer put the path name into the add-on.xml and the add-ons.cfg to remain consistent with the complete install - unless you are going to change this manually too. But I do not recommend it at all. You wll create a lot more problems if you mess-up with those files. So a uninstall and reinstall is definitely the easier way and it takes ony a few minutes.

• 3 years later...
38 minutes ago, john harris said:

Gents, I came up with this when arrival planning into UKOO. the "ILS outdated" bit.how do I go about fixing this please.

Your scenery is likely outdated John.

If using an FSX/P3D platform then these can be updated with an afcad editor such as ADE or easier still with Herve Sor's Airport Inspector and Editor , the latter using current AIRAC data.

Having made the change update the EFB database.

AIE v3.15

If P3D default you'll need to open the \Scenery\0701\scenery\APX56150.bgl to access UKOO. Alternatively use the World FSXP3D package, for P3Dv5 you will need to request the package via email from Herve.

I cannot test for P3Dv4 but assume the same file structure

capture_008_10032024_161138.jpg.0c29694ed16d0b362920b29b1b4ed5a7.jpg

Navigate to the P3D \Scenery\0701\scenery\ folder and APX56150.bgl

capture_003_10032024_160934.jpg.b26fde33c5cb155bef1bf2af683cc34c.jpg

Select the ILS editor

capture_009_10032024_161347.jpg.20125a26eb1d687a8f000f9fb2151fb4.jpg

Enter ICAO and runway/ILS ID

capture_005_10032024_160954.jpg.7b96f394fb01a8b0816edfaac6124924.jpg

Select Align LOC and Get from AIRAC data ( unless noted as offset )

capture_006_10032024_161008.jpg.30cca2f4344ff61cc9a556d20eee2ac0.jpg

Commit changes and edit reciprocal runway as required.

capture_007_10032024_161018.jpg.9f137c5a478ecc1e57dc6d3683f0466f.jpg

Alternatively you can update the whole sim easily using the World FSXP3D package available on Herve's site