Suggestion: Generate a KMZ file for Google Earth

RayProudfoot

I’m currently flying an around the world tour in a B738. Concorde would have been better but there’s no 64-bit version. 😞

I have been investigating whether I can draw a line between airports visited in Google Earth. Add Path in GE does allow the user to draw a line but it’s freehand, not a straight one. So that’s a non-starter.

I was wondering if a KMZ file could be generated from the flight plan in EFB using the Lat/Lon of the airports and waypoints?

A happy Christmas to Urs and Oskar and best wishes for 2020. 👍😁

Hi Ray,

sorry for the misunderstanding, but I didn't say that GE can read a CSV file, I just wanted to say that basically the data required for a KMZ file is available as CSV file. Of course there is some manual transfer into a KMZ file required. I will have a look at the KMZ file format, maybe it's easy to convert ...

Hi Urs,

I did some digging and it seems GE can read a CSV file. https://support.google.com/earth/answer/176685?hl=en

From what I can see a KMZ file is zipped and can contain multiple files including images. But all I'm looking for is the ability to draw a line connecting all waypoints in a flight plan. Maybe a KML file is the answer but I'm sure you know more than me. 👍