[solved] KBOS not available in FSX

I loaded up an aircraft at KBOS in FSX and started EFB. When trying to load a .PLN that includes KBOS, I receive an error message indicating "KBOS not available in FSX". I ran the scenery update in the data provider but did not make any difference.

What should I look for?

Thanks,

Usually, if FSX sees KORS and the corresponding files, the data provider update should do too.

Make sure to have all scenery entries activated when running the DP update, so that he is looking for every .bgl there is.

Now, If you exchange the bgl files later (maybe by opening the KORS config panel and altering some settings there), the EFB database still contains the "old" state, sometimes leading to files not being found anymore.

Usually, if FSX sees KORS and the corresponding files, the data provider update should do too.

Make sure to have all scenery entries activated when running the DP update, so that he is looking for every .bgl there is.

Now, If you exchange the bgl files later (maybe by opening the KORS config panel and altering some settings there), the EFB database still contains the "old" state, sometimes leading to files not being found anymore.

Thank you for your reply however I am not sure what the "KORS Config panel" is?

Thank You,

Now I'm getting confused. :?

Brad, are you using stock KBOS or FT or another scenery? (I use FT and KBOS is happily present.)

What happens if you start a search... that is, type "KBO" in the ICAO field in the Airports | All Airports selector? There should be 4 airports that match the pattern; KBOI, KBOK, KBOS and KBOW.

If you're using 3rd party scenery and KBOS isn't appearing, I'd recommend zipping and emailing your log files (including SceneryUpdate_log.txt) to support@aivlasoft.com and Urs will take a look.

I tried to load a plan created by EFB that includes KBOS. It said that it is not a valid XML file and asked if this file is a flight plan created by FSX.

I could not attach the file. I received the following message. I tried a different extension with the same error message.

The extension pln is not allowed. The upload was rejected because the uploaded file was identified as a possible attack vector.

Please advise,

EDIT: Files sent to support email address.

Now I'm getting confused. :?

Brad, are you using stock KBOS or FT or another scenery? (I use FT and KBOS is happily present.)

What happens if you start a search... that is, type "KBO" in the ICAO field in the Airports | All Airports selector? There should be 4 airports that match the pattern; KBOI, KBOK, KBOS and KBOW.

If you're using 3rd party scenery and KBOS isn't appearing, I'd recommend zipping and emailing your log files (including SceneryUpdate_log.txt) to support@aivlasoft.com and Urs will take a look.

I am running a scenery from Boston Virtual ATC that has been working for some time. I do have FT Boston and can load that. Running FSX.

If I search on "KBO". I do see KBOI, KBOK, KBOS, KBOW but I also see many other that start with KB.

Thanks, I will send the files.

Hi Brad,

the plan you sent to me just loaded fine into EFB. It is a FSX plan which must be loaded using the FSX flight plan reader. Please proceed as follows:

- Open "Route Setup"

- Press "Select"

- Open drop down menu "saved routes (select type)"

- Select "Flight Simulator FSX"

- Now navigate to the folder where the flight plan is saved and select this plan

Now it should be read. On my computer I then got the following warning box:[attachment=0]KBOS_RwyAssignments.jpg[/attachment]

Is this the same that appeared on your computer or was it a different warning?

Maybe you can provide a screenshot?

Please see the attached for the message I receive.

I do not think the problem is with EFB. It seems EFB is looking for something in FSX and not finding. Other flight plans work fine that do not include KBOS.

Thanks,

Thank you for your reply however I am not sure what the "KORS Config panel" is?

Thank You,

I'm sorry, I've mixed up the ICAO codes and therefore replied towards the KORS scenery from Orbx while you were talking about KBOS of course.

Apologies. :)

Brad,

when I had a look into the scenery.cfg file that you sent to me, I got the impression of a say strange sequence of the different layers. Maybe this could be the problem? If you apply some changes to the scenery.cfg don't forget to run the "FSX Scenery data update" from the DataProviders menu.

Brad,

I've flown in and out of KBOS using stock, MyTrafficX and FlyTampa scenery with no problems. So this is a stumper.

Have you checked for duplicate/conflicting airport BGLs? ScruffyDuck's Airport Scanner is a good resource for such.

Failing that, try disabling any 3rd party scenery, reindex, and see if EFB shows stock KBOS.

I know that EFB works fine with KBOS. It has worked for me as well.

I downloaded the Airport finder you recomended. It did find KBOS, listed in the left pane of the window and found the AFX_KBOS_FlyTampa_dummy.BGL in the scenery/world/scenery folder. I am not sure we learned anything?

Where does EFG go, which folder does it look for KBOS when selecting the "Origin" airport in Route Setup?

Thanks,

Hi Brad,

Where does EFG go, which folder does it look for KBOS when selecting the "Origin" airport in Route Setup?
EFB always takes that one with the highest layer number. E.g. if the scenery.cfg lists the airport KBOS in layer 34, 110 and 115, then EFB takes the files from layer 115.

I want to thank AivlaSoft support for going the extra mile to solve my KBOS problem. It was not the fault of EFB. Some how my scenery.cfg file was corrupted. Travis audited my cfg file, found a solution, rebuilt my file and returned it to me.

Great product and unreal support.

Thanks,