Aivlasoft EFB2 missing runway mappings at Hammerfest ENHF

romair

Dear Support

EFB2 cannot map the ORBX Hammerfest layout file (ENHF_ADEP2_FKH_P3D.bgl) located in the folder FTX_EU.

I asked ORBX for support and they informed that there is an other layout.bgl (ADE_FTX_NOR_ENHF.bgl) located at FTX_AA_ENHF within the FTX_EU.

which might be the right layout file to have the necessary dates for the EFB2 airport mapping.

I asked the ORBX support forum for help.

The thread is called : Aivlasoft EFB2 missing runway mappings at Hammerfest ENHF with screenshot included.

Can you pls. have  a look into this thread and provide a solution to solve this specific  ORBX Norway/Hammerfest problem.

thanks in advance Roger

Hi Roger,

This is (one more time) an old story and I abstain from some more comments regarding scenery designers. EFB2 can only draw what the designers supply in their layout (AFCAD) BGLs. In this (and various other) case ORBX has decided to not include a RWY in their layout which in turn makes it impossible for EFB2 to draw something that is not present. We have however foreseen this "designer specialities" (ORBX is not the only one in that respect) and have created the possibility to use EFB2-specific AFCAD files, (see also Manual 4, database, chapter 2.7) that will allow to draw the airport layout properly and therefore also allows for procedures to be assigned.

Please check out this section https://forum.aivlasoft.com/topic/3005-afcad/ and download the necessary AFCAD file for ENHF and follow the procedure as per description. You will need to re-run the DbBuilder thereafter of course to include the updated ground layout for ENHF. By the number of AFCAD files available for download you can easily see the number of problems we are facing by being "at the end of the food chain", so to speak. We have to deal with all kind of anomalities that the designers chose to apply😕...

Hello Oski

Have many thanks for this (for me fresh)  information.

According to your link into your specfic thread which gives a clear information how to handle this so called privat designer specialities I have now the correct mapping of ENHF.

It was not nessesary to download this specific AFCAD. It is included in the FTX_EU_NOR_05_SCENERY folder.

I recognized on your list that mainly ORBX is taking this way of layout design.   

According to your list I also have to take care about the other Norwegion airports provided by ORBX.

Again thanks for fast support and

best regards Roger

I also downloaded the ENHF.bgl from your list and it also works well in the EFB2 client.

Nick from ORBX closed this topic already.

Nick's last comment: There is a perfectly simple solution to the posted problem. 

Yes this is a simple solution if you know it or if you a programmer or if you have a deep knowledge about layout design.

It is not always easy for a simmer to know whats going on with addons what is different between the various addon desgin technics etc.

Roger