KMRY has only one runway

bobhnat

I am running P3dV4.  I load my aircraft at KMRY.  When I load EFBv2 it sets me at KMRZ. 

I select KMRY in EFB but it only gives me one runway.  It does not show the parallel shorter runway.

I can the second runway in my GTN750.

Anybody have any ideas?

I have ORBX KMRY loaded.

Thanks.

Hi ???? (please observe the forum rules)

This is an issue we have with more than one of ORBX' airports. it is a general rule that EFB uses the Airport Layout ("AFCAD" BGL) given by the scenery designer. Unfortunately a few designers of ORBX have the extremely uncommon peculiarity to "design" more than one airport within their design. In this specific case there are two airport layouts for Monterey: KMRY and KMRZ. The latter does not exist in the ARINC database, nevetheless ORBX has decided to use this one as the airport with the smaller runway 10L/28R, whereas KMRY features the instrument RWY 10R/28L. You will notice that - depending on the A/C position in respect to the ARP - the map will switch back and forth between the two airports. A similar issue exists within Australia, where YSCB Canberra "features" a second airport for the crossing RWY, named ZSCB (chinese ICAO code...😄).

The only remedy would be to create ONE airport (AFCAD) BGL for the entire airport and use it along with the rules laid down here: https://forum.aivlasoft.com/topic/3005-afcad/ So far nobody has created a layout BGL for neither KMRY not YSCB. We introduced this feature to encourage and enable the community to help each other for such and similar cases. Unfortunately not too many contributions have shown up from the user community. ATM I'm unable to create such a layout, but maybe at a leater stage it will follow. Unfortunately also the layout of the taxiways and parkig positions does not correlate between the two "airports".

Edit: I have uploaded KMRY.zip in the abovementioned AFCAD thread. You can use this one according to the rules stated in the thread. Please read carefully. While the airport layout is correct, it may not feature all parkig stands as per ORBX' scenery layout.