Upgrading EFB2 Client

portanav

Hello;

Is it necessary when upgrading to have the installer delete all files? I recently upgraded, and custom files (aircraft profile and checklist) I had in the Client were erased. Can this be avoided? Fortunately I made backups of them beforehand.

Thanks,

2 hours ago, portanav said:

Hello;

Is it necessary when upgrading to have the installer delete all files? I recently upgraded, and custom files (aircraft profile and checklist) I had in the Client were erased. Can this be avoided? Fortunately I made backups of them beforehand.

Thanks,

Hi Michael,

No need to worry. Have a closer look at the file structure within the documents folders of the client (default path: "C:\Users\User\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Client"). You will notice that there are two new folders \profiles.bak and \Minima.bak. They contain all data from the previous install. So all your customized files  are still available in those folders. Not sure about the checklist folder. This one should remain untouched. So if you restore a profile from the mentioned Profiles.bak folder, the Checklists should still be attached to your customized profile.

10 minutes ago, lonewulf47 said:

Hi Michael,

No need to worry. Have a closer look at the file structure within the documents folders of the client (default path: "C:\Users\User\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Client"). You will notice that there are two new folders \profiles.bak and \Minima.bak. They contain all data from the previous install. So all your customized files  are still available in those folders. Not sure about the checklist folder. This one should remain untouched. So if you restore a profile from the mentioned Profiles.bak folder, the Checklists should still be attached to your customized profile.

Hey, thanks Oskar.