GPS not showing flightplan on server comp

Hi,

i have FSX and server running on one computer and client on another... they both see each other as when i fly the map is moving ...HOWEVER 

when loading a flight plan it not puts it into the GPS from FSX ,...although in the server screen it does mentioned ''GPS flight plan successfully loaded"

now i've been reading all the manuals and nowhere is it mentioned on how the client should be configured for showing flight plan in GPS apart from the tick box 

in aircraft profiles options. 

ALSO how should the client folders (in settings) be set then???   Aircraft profiles , EFB routes , Flight logs, documents/library , Minima

currently they set to folders on the client computer (eg,... c:\Users\....\documents\aivlasoft\EFB2\client\profiles)  OR should they be linked to shared folders on the SERVER/FSX computer 

thanks for any help

Hi ??? (please observe the forum rules)

There is no specific path  setting for the GPS flight plan, as EFB detects this path (default path for FSX flight plans) automatically after first run. For FSX it is (if I remeber correctly, as I don't use FSX anomore for years) "C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\FSX files" or similar. If a GPS flight plan is transferred it will show up in this folder as "EFB_current_gps.pln". So after creation of a flight plan it might be interesting to check (also with date and time) whether this mentioned file was created. The file will however only be created if Server, Client and Sim are running and the A/C is at the proper departure airport.

If for any reason the file was not sent to the mentioned folder, there is a button in the Client Settings Tab -> Miscellaneous to allow resending. his however is only necessary in exceptional cases.

Sir,

thank you so much for your help again.

and I’m happy it’s you who’s replying to both my posts. 

After playing around i noticed that when Brussels airport is installed but not updated in the database , all works fine. The moment I generate database which includes then Brussels mega airport , the flight plan doesn’t get entered in the GPS

so now will try with your updated EBBR file and see what happens , will get back to you.

just though to clarify ... NONE of the folders in settings have to be mapped to the server/FSX computer right? all the work is done by the server/client interface 

regards

1 hour ago, pietermottie said:

just though to clarify ... NONE of the folders in settings have to be mapped to the server/FSX computer right? all the work is done by the server/client interface

In the Server Settings there are only the Weather Folders to be set as the Installation of those weather engines can also be selected individually. The Online Folders are default an under normal circumstances do not need adjustment as they are given by the Online Services. The System Folder is not shown anyway as it is also a fixed simulator dependent path.

• 4 months later...