Warning - could not draw profile

th_ils.jpg

This is a new one on me

route was

EHAM ANDI1S ANDIK UN873 TUSKA N873 VES N607 AAL N866 NEGIL N15 BODRI UN15 VAVOS UT89 OGVOR UM857 ROPSU M6 BISRO EFKT

this appeared when i tried to select runway 16 LLZ

Hi Dave,

there is a simple "TURN RIGHT" missing in the Navigraph data for the transition "L". Since the difference between current track and next track is 180° EFB cannot determine to which side the turn goes. In such a situation EFB takes the "left side" turn as a default which is unfortunately wrong in this situation.

Before: " ... HDG 113 INTERCEPT RADIAL 158 TO FIX DME09"

After: " ... TURN RIGHT HDG 113 INTERCEPT RADIAL 158 TO FIX DME09"

See the result below.[attachment=0]EFKT_LLZ16_L.jpg[/attachment]

Urs

The only way for me to continue with this was to shutdown the Displayunit and it would then load back up with the last route and not select rwy 16, it didnt show any profile, it remained on the warning box

Dave,

The default Navigraph data gives me the same inability to draw the profile as it does for you.

Editing the TRANSITION L line in the EFKT.TXT file as Urs mentioned to add the "TURN RIGHT" token prior to "HDG 113" does cause the profile to be displayed as in Urs' screenshot.

You would have to press the "reset airport data cache" button on your DU Settings as well.

Regards,

Dave,

If it is possible to diagnose and auto-correct such missing bits of procedure data, then Urs would (attempt to) do so.

However seeing as such a missing directive could come anywhere in the data, this might be a tall order to accomplish.

It might take a request to Navigraph for them to study their parser and see if anything could be done in that area.

Regards,