Purchase

As I found out, you always have to create an Paypal Account. (and in Germany, Paypal has not an so good reputation, that I want to use it)

It's a pity that, buying directly via Creditcard is not possible ! So hopefully Aivlasoft will change this soon.

Regards

Bo

Hi Bo,

it's the first time I've heard that Paypal has bad reputation in Germany. Why is it so? I mean it's owned by eBay which is a very large company with an international reputation. Of course this is your personal decision but I have my account since nearly 8 years and never encountered any problems (and I am also from Germany).

Regards,

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Michael,

that's one of the problem with Paypal. It is owned or an member of Ebay, and this is the second company I don't trust ! In the beginning of Ebay it was a great platform and it works without problems. But after a while more and more cheater are on this platform, and the only thing Ebay is doing, that they qoute their slogan "Ebay trust in the good of the people" Yes, very trustable !

As you also are from Germany, I think you know the journal c't and their TV-Broadcast c't-TV. Very often they warn to use Paypal, as many people are reporting problems with transactions. And therefore I am no friend of Paypal, and also no longer member on Ebay.

Regards

Bo

Hi Bo,

yes, I know c't (magazine and TV) and I believe in them. However, all I can say is that I haven't had any problems with neither PayPal nor eBay until today. Of course this could have been luck.

But as I stated in my first reply, everyone has to decide this for himself, and I can understand your opinion. On the other hand could it also be problematic to give someone you don't know your credit card details (sorry Urs, that wasn't meant personally). In the end it's all a matter of trust. And I personally prefer PayPal.

Best regards,

Michael

Hi,

... your credit card details ...
I don't see any details about the credit card. This information is accessible by PayPal only. What I see is that a customer has paid and how much he has paid. And of course its e-mail address and name so I know to whom I must send the key. But that's all information that I'm getting from PayPal.

... (sorry Urs, that wasn't meant personally) ...
Don't worry, I'm tough ... ;)

Hi Urs,

I don't see any details about the credit card. This information is accessible by PayPal only. What I see is that a customer has paid and how much he has paid. And of course its e-mail address and name so I know to whom I must send the key. But that's all information that I'm getting from PayPal.

I know, the statement was merely meant for Bo, who said in his initial post that he would prefer to pay directly via credit card. That's why I prefer to pay via PayPal, because there is only one instance involved who knows the credit card details and everything behind stays mostly anonymous. But as I said before, it's all a matter of trust.

Regards,

Michael

• 1 month later...

I tried to buy today, but was denied by PayPal with information as follows:

Your account access has been limited for the following reason(s):

•Jan 22, 2010: We have reason to believe that your account was accessed by a third party. We have limited access to sensitive PayPal account features in case your account has been accessed by an unauthorized third party. We understand that having limited access can be an inconvenience, but protecting your account is our primary concern.

So I am not able to buy EFB through PayPal. Sorry.

Best regards

Kenneth Jorgensen

PayPal security is very good at resolving problems like that. They can even provide you with a digital card, that when pressed in a certain area, will produce a new 6 digit number which must be entered when doing a PayPal transaction. That makes it virtually impossible for someone to use your account, even if they've discovered your password.