3rd Party Flight Planners

Hi,

As posted in the forum rules, please sign your posts with your first name - it makes it easier for us to "speak" with someone. :) (Using the forum's signature makes it simple and automatic.)

I don't think a FSCommander flight plan importer has been written for EFB, but if you like to use FSCommander to plan your routes, you can copy the "route string" that it generates and paste it into the EFB Route Setup | Select input box.

So for instance this flight from Zürich to London:

ret2.png[/attachment]

Regards,

Thanks for the Reply

Now this extra steps begs the question on how FSX can read this Flight Plan no issue, as I am not aware of parser for FSC in FSX.

The plan comes in a VOR to VOR.

So is there any plans (roadmap) to add specific 3rd party flight planners to directly import in EFB?

Thanks

Rick Stratman

Andy,

I looked high and low, and could not find an option to save my flight plan as FS2004 in FSC 8.6.

I did try some of other formats and those still did not work.

In a final attempt I loaded the FSC Flight Plan into FSX and then saved the loaded plan from FSX Flight Planner.

Now EFB loads the flight plan. I would suggest to the developers/product manager(s) to look at being able to load native FSC flight plans, rather than having to do this extra step.

Thanks and much appreciate the feedback I have received.

Thanks

Rick Stratman

Hi Rick,

If details of the FS Commander format have been published - and I don't know if such has been done or not - then it should be possible to write an importer for EFB.

I can say that current EFB development is focused in other areas for right now... as my screenshot earlier hints at.

When I use FS Commander to generate my routes (whether lo-alt, high-alt, or navaid plans) I use the "copy and paste the route string" method, which takes only seconds and which works flawlessly.

Still, if a direct import is a real "user need," then I will add to my task list to investigate how to best accomplish this. (It might not arrive in time for EFB Version 1.3.0 however, as all available tasking slots for this version have been filled.)

Regards,

Hi Rick,

sorry for my late answer, but I must have overseen this :-(

Recently I got in touch with the FSC developers and they kindly provided me the details of their flight plan format. The current version of EFB (1.2.1) is already using "plug-ins" as flight plan readers. As soon as I've enough time to write a next plugin, it will be the plugin to read FSC 8.x and 9.x flight plans.